Only rule : Respect

Good morning class , I greet the 9 th class students . They all wish me .

I start taking attendance from roll no 1 to roll no 30 instead of starting the class .

I take the marker and write today's activity's name on board instead of chapter name . All the students who started talking when I turned towards the board stopped talking as I completed writing : " DARE & WIN "

" Mam what is this ? " A student from back bench asks .

Curious much , I smirk .

Well , I thought you guys would be bored of your regular subjects and exams . So why not do something you all like ....

I'm sure most of you guys love dares and challenges after all your the rowdies of this school . So here is the dare . In every class of mine a pair of students must come up on the dias and speak about anything they are passionate about .

" Mam can we speak anything ? " A girl asks from the side corner .

" Yes anything ," I confirm and I notice all students giving their full attention to me .....

But ..... I say giving a pause adding a dramatic effect there's only one rule you have to follow and that is show RESPECT . So who is bold enough to take up the challenge ? I ask .

Mam , I want to take up the challenge . A guy says and I nod my head giving up the dias , I go and sit in last bench observing everyone as they listen intently to what Ahil and Sahir are telling about ornithology .

This pattern continues till every student comes and speaks about their passion in each of my class ....

" Madam , Principal sir wants to meet you ," Narayanamurty says and I nod my head following him  .

What does he want to speak with me ? Ofcourse about your job idiot , my mind mocked me .

I reach principal's cabin . Taking a deep breath , I open the door to see a few teachers and Principal 's attention now on me .

" Sir , you called me ? " I ask him politely .

" Yes , Miss Mehra . I want you to tell all these teachers the secret with which you've handled class 9 ."

I look at him confused because i haven't done anything .

They've stopped bullying and fighting . Their usual complaint levels have gone down and they're behaving in a disciplined manner and all this started from the time you took over the class , Principal continues and I smile seeing the progress .

"  I haven't done anything sir , I've just given them space where no one is judging them . "

Good job , Miss Mehra . Mr Oberoi appreciates me while few teacher snicker about how this was an easy job . But I don't care as long as I've a permanent job and also my students are progressing .

Coming to your job , Congragulations Miss . Welcome to Mountain High Principal welcomes me .

I thank him and after few notifications about annual day preparations we all leave his cabin ....

The next few days passes off with annual day preparations . Training them in dance moves , singing , speeches and many more stuff .

" I want you to confirm these list of special benefactors of our school , Miss Mehra " Mrs Mittal tells or rather orders me .

I just nod my head taking the list .

" These are  really important people , Miss . Please speak carefully she warns me ."

I roll my eyes at her warning but simply nod not showing my displeasure . Only if I knew that these calls would change my present and future so much .......