Dripping Gold [boyxboy]

"This day cannot possibly get any worse."

The words left my mouth about three seconds before I felt my balance abandon me and my ass introduced itself to the floor. I groaned and sat there, a miserable little lump of human.

"Spoke too soon, I guess," Piers said. "By the way, careful. Floor's wet."

"Thank you Piers, very helpful." I held my hand out to him, but he just eyed it.

"You got yourself into this situation," he said, offering me no help. "You won't learn anything if I help you."

"You're just afraid I'll pull you down next to me," I said, pushing myself to my feet.

"You can't say it didn't cross your mind," he said.

"It definitely did," I said, nodding. "Now let's go. The floor just got me wetter than my boyfriend ever has."

"I'm sure Josh will love that information," Piers said as we started walking again. "Also, how bad could your day possibly be? You've only been awake for an hour."

"Do you know how much can go wrong in an hour?" I gestured to my wet ass. "A lot, Piers. A lot."

"Well, it's about to get a lot worse," he said.

I looked up and stopped walking. I turned to Piers and reached out, gently placing my hand on his shoulder.

"I want you to punch me in the face," I said. "Don't stop until I'm unconscious. Or dead. Either works."

"When seeing your boyfriend makes you want death, it's probably a good sign that something about the relationship just isn't working," Piers said, brushing my hand off.

"Robin!"

"Shit, he saw me," I hissed. "Quick, punch me in the face."

"Robbie, this sounds like a you problem," Piers said, slapping me on the back. "Have fun."

I grabbed his shirt before he could escape. Josh came up to us and eyed my death grip on Piers' shirt.

"He'll get lost on his own," I explained.

"Release me. I must flee the awkward," Piers said, trying to tug free.

"Awkward?" Josh shot me a look. "Why would anything be awkward, Robin?"

"That depends," I said. "Which guy would you like me to bring up?"

"Robin," Piers said miserably. "At least be petty when I'm not around."

Josh grabbed my wrist and yanked my hand free from Piers' shirt. "We need to talk."

He dragged me away from Piers and to a quiet area of the hallway. He released my wrist and crossed his arms, waiting.

"You ignored me all day yesterday whenever I texted you, but kept posting snapchats of you and Anthony," I said.

"You knew I was going to be with Anthony all day," he said.

"Yea, I did, and I didn't care because I like to think that I can trust you. But you were ignoring me. What if I was dying?" I said.