Chapter 07

~ Lane's Point of View

Men. They can be very possessive and controlling at times. In my case, most of the time. They are also very dominant.

I cam to this conclusion after a long, hot morning, standing beside Felix, watching the usually bright green grass while the warriors practiced tactics. Why? Because my 'oh so lovely' mate didn't want me watching other males. He said that they would "corrupt my brain". Corrupt my ass. . . Although, when he wasn't looking, I would watch from under my eye lashes how their tense back muscles would glide with ease as they made a simple forward attack. Each time I was caught, his arms would pull me tighter against his chest as he growled lowly at the unsuspecting Were, making him cower in fear. It was funny at first but in no time, got annoying.

Now I sit here, on a black leather chair in Felix's office with my head dangling off the bottom and my legs in the air. Humming to a tune, my legs move to the beat. "Stop." I look to my left at an annoyed Felix with his head in his hands sitting at his desk.

"Sure. If you let me meet up with Juliet."

"No." I blink.

"Well then, what song should I hum to next? Hmm... Oh! How about 'His Daughter'? Yup." And I begin to hum but in a matter of seconds, Felix pulled me up by my ankles and stood between my legs with his head buried in my neck, taking in my scent.

"Please. Just stop." He groans and lets out a breath. "I don't want you to be alone."

"It's just Juliet. What would she do?"

"It isn't Juliet that I'm worried about." He looks up and into my eyes, "It's the unmated, filthy, and not trustworthy little rodents that can look at you at any given moment and ca--"

"Shh... Hey, calm down. Okay? No one is taking me so stop holding your breath. Just relax." I place my hand on his biceps and he immediately relaxes. "Can I at least let my wolf out?"

"No."

"But why?" I begin to whine.

"Lane, I have a lot of enemies that you don't know about and I'd rather have you here than... six feet underground." He lets out through gritted teeth. I roll my eyes.

"I can take care of myself." I push his chest and drop to my feet. My feet move swiftly to the door about to twist the knob, when his arms wrap around my waist and pulls me back.

"Mine." He kisses the back of my neck several times before turning me around and what I see scares me. His eyes are no longer their ocean blue color, rather pitch black. Crap. His wolf is in control. He dips his head into my neck and starts to kiss and lick the place that he would mark me. The first step of the mating process.

"F-Felix s-stop. You don't-t wan-nt to do-do this-s" He growls as I can feel his canines elongate and scrape against the tender skin. "Pl-please I'm n-not ready fo-for this."

Felix wasn't there at the moment but thankfully the moon goddess was. Robbyn rushes in and bends over to catch his breath. Felix pushes me behind him and gets into a fighting stance. When he notices that it's just Robbyn, he relaxes but growls lowly for interrupting. "I'm sorry for intruding but your father requests your presence." Felix mumbles something inaudible.

"I'll be there in a bit." Robbyn bows his head and runs off in the direction he came from. Felix turns to me with a hard look. His eyes soften at my horror filled expression. He takes a step towards me but I take three steps back. "Please. Olin took over I'm sorry."

"That doesn't give you the right! You can't mark me without my consent!"

"I know and I'm sorry baby but ple-"