Chapter 09

~ Lane's Point of View

Last night was, different. In a good way, don't get me wrong. I loved being in his arms, smelling his alluring scent, warm embrace, sweet kisses. But i  couldn't help but feel incomplete. Like there was another being pulling me away. wolf yearned for more, but i couldn't understand it. I had everything that I needed. A mate. What was it that she wanted more?  Yet, she didn't even . know what it was. 

At the moment, i'm sitting in the kitchen at the palace. Felix had to go meet up with this father for some emergency that i wasn't informed about. Anyways, i was just waiting for him eating a peach, last night still in mind. 

My boredom weighed on as the time went passed. It had been an hour and a half since Felix left for his meeting and he hasn't come back. I'm sure it'd be okay if i joined him. I am after all the future Queen and Luna of the werewolf kingdom. This has to count for something, So, with a positive note, I got up and walked over to the large double doors that lead to the meeting room. There were no guards outside which was strange but i shrugged it off. Not bothered to knock, I open the door just a crack to see a furious Felix with his fists clenched and men around him trying to calm him down. "No one is getting close to her." Gail (father) informs him in an attempt to soothe Felix. Who is he talking about? I stay quiet in hopes of knowing more of the situation.

"She's mine! No boy, no rogue, will go near her. As for that gift, it could be a trap. Have someone open it. I don't trust anyone, especially when it's a rogue who would like to talk to my mate!" At this point i open the door completely, letting them know of my presence. Felix pushes the guards that were holding him down to the floor and strides over to me. He wraps his arms around me tightly, growling. I wrap one arm loosely around him while my brows furrowed, still wanting answers to what they were talking about.

"Felix. What were you talking about?" He growls louder when I question him.

"It was nothing. Don't worry about it. Come on, let's go to the garden." He grabs my hand in his and tries to drag me away, but i stand my ground. 

"No." Turning away, my eyes land on the small box that sits on Gail's desk. Everyone looks at me and follow my gaze towards the box. I walk to the box, no one stopping me. It was a simple box, cute teal box with white Pokka-dots. It didn't look as menacing the way Felix was talking about it. 

"Lane, don't touch the box, it could be dangerous. Felix slowly walks up to me in a warning pace. My hands come on their own accord. What? I can't help but love gifts! Whether it be from a close friend or a rogue. I take the box in my hands and open the lid. "Lane!" I ignore him as I adore the platinum bracelet. It was very simple and delicate. My taste. It had a small pendent of the waning crescent moon. It was beautiful. I turn to Felix showing him the box.

"See. Does this look threatening?" I shake my head at him. I pull the bracelet out and put it around my wrist. Of course, Felix growls at this. I clip it on and look up smiling at how it looks on me. Perfect. Only then that I remember there are more people in the room other than me and Felix. My gaze lands on Gail. He's looking wide eyed at the bracelet on my wrist. I look around me and see the guards looking confused. "Can someone explain to me who it is that you are all talking about?" The king clears his throat.

"While you were out with Felix, we had a visit from the rogue leader; Silos." Felix comes up to me from behind and wraps his arms around my waist, his chest rumbling. "He dropped off the box for you and wanted to talk to you. But you weren't here. So, he has said that he'll be talking to you soon." My eyes widen. The rogue.. king wants to talk to me?

"Yes." Felix answers my question. Did i say that out loud? "Yes. Don't worry about it, he won't come near you. I won't have anyone taking you anywhere, nor talk to you. Especially not a male."

"That isn't your choice," I tilt my head to look at him, "Unless your name is Lane and you're the girl that the rogue leader bought you this bracelet. Which, let me remind you, is harmless."

"You are my mate and I will decide if you go or not." Out of the corner of my eyes, I notice the king ushering everyone out, including himself. The door closes.

"You will not. I make my own decisions even if you are my mate." I sigh. "Felix. I am yours. Alright. You said it yourself. You don't need to worry about a person who bought me a gift which happens to be really nice of him. You need to think from a positive perspective. And this is mine." I take a deep breath. "I will talk to him and know what he wants. You can't change my mind."

"What if you get hurt? What if--"

"My father always told me that 'if' is the devils word. 'If' can mean anything. 'If it happens' Meaning that it could or could not happen. Did it happen yet? No. So don't think about that, think about what's happening now." He growls and tightens his arms around me.

"Fine. But i'll give you a time limit. If you aren't back in fifteen minutes, I will come after you."

"Forty-five." 

"Twenty."

"Thirty, final offer." He rubs his forehead.

"Alright. Let's go now, i'm hungry and I want you to myself." He kisses my hair and takes my hand, leading me to the kitchen.

***

It was now sometime in the afternoon, and Felix was with his recruits on the field, training. It seemed to me that they always trained, but that was okay with me because I finally had time to talk to Juliet. She was quite occupied for the past few days with Robbyn (future beta) as I was with Felix. We were sitting in the living room. Juilet was rambling about how sweet, Robbyn is and all the cute things that he does for her. "It was all so romantic." She sighs dramatically.

"Alright, you're so whipped. But i understand, I think the same thing of Felix. I don't know what I'd do without him. But, I need to tell you something." She leans into me on her seat. "My wolf yearns for more. I don't understand and neither does she. It's as if i'm in complete. 

"Hmm that doesn't make any sense. You're supposed to be complete once you find your mate."

"Exactly, that's what is confusing me! It's been bothering me for a while now, but I haven't really paid attention to it until yesterday when me and Felix--"

"Oh my god. He popped your cherry! Robbyn and I did to!" My face turns beat red.

"What?! No, no, no, no. If you had let me finish you would've heard that I was going to say that we fixed amends. Not... that." I look away embarrassed. "And why do you only tell me this now? After you thought i did too?" I cross my arms over my chest, pretending to be mad.

"Umm. Well, i'm sure that you'd understand that it-it is embarrassing to tell someone that, that happened." She trails off. After a few seconds, I burst out laughing as she turns scarlet, giggling lightly.

"It's alright, I'd understand. How was it?" I smile at her, happy for her.

"It was strange. I was nervous at first but he was patient and took it slow for me, It... it was mind blowing." She stares at the floor, lost in her own world.

"I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to be an aunt!" I grin and laugh when she wines for me stop.

Maybe that is it. Maybe if Felix and I finished the mating process I wouldn't feel incomplete. That makes sense, right? Right? I don't know. But talking about feelings, the way that I reacted to Caden the other day in the clearing, It was as if he were my mate. He even looked similar to Felix. It just doesn't make sense. I'm going to have to talk to him again. I'll probably go out and see if he's there tomorrow. I hope he's there. I'd be able to ask some questions that I wasn't able to do last time.