| Chapter Fourteen : It's A Madhouse |

We smiled sheepishly as we stopped at the edge of the pavilion. Everyone had quieted. This was obviously something big, even if you didn't know it. I don't even know who did that to us, but whoever did, I will... Yeah, I don't know what. I don't want murder on my list of things I've done in my life.

This isn't something I wanted to have be announced now, but it looks like we--

"We aren't doing anything. We're friends! Friends hold hands!" Mel sputtered out. She does this when she's nervous - she sputters something out. Whether it's the truth or a lie, she sputters it out.

"Feet away from the party? YOUR party? While causally laying together? AND! I saw your head on his shoulder earlier. I thought I was imaging things... As usual, s... I MEAN, SO I JUst went back to socializing." Trin called out.

"Friends can't spend alone time from a crowd? Friends can't hold hands?!"

"They can, but frIENDS don't normally look so lovey dovey like that. There's OBVIOUSLY something going on."

I looked down at Mel who was looking hopelessly up at me, frowning. I shot her a knowing smile and took a deep breath before I turned back to the distressed.....crowd.

"Look, we are...actually... A thing. It hasn't been--"

"I KNEW IT!" Trin screeched. Everyone shushed her. "Sorry, sorry."

I rolled my eyes and continued, "It hasn't been very long. It's only been a week or so."

"a weEK?! YOU KEPT THIS QUIET FOR A WEEK?!"

"Yes. And you are the exact reason."

"Well, excuuuuuuse me for being excited. My ship is finally sailing!"

Almost everyone rolled their eyes. We all knew what a weirdo Trin could be and how serious she gets with her ships. Which was slightly concerning, but oh well.

Mel smiled softly and slowly leaned into me. Trin tried to contain a screech but it ended up popping out.

"Alright ALRIGHT we gotta get back to partying otherwise I'm going to make it worse. Wow. I'm just. AHHHHHH! Okay. Party. Let's go." Trin called out as she zoomed back towards the food....doing...something. Apparently she was making herself look busy.

Ace, Lyric, and Harm all walked over and grinned knowingly.

"I knew you started hanging out more. I also knew when you guys first started going out because you were far too giddy that day." Ly winked and crossed her arms as if she were a proud deceive who had solved the case ages ago.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Alright then, little sis."

We all conversed for a while before we fully went back to the party, towards the crowd. I tried to keep a bit of a distance from Mel but I knew crowds made her scared, even if she knew everyone. So I stayed pretty close by.

This was a mistake, telling everyone now, but it's too late to take it back now. We were literally the main conversation of the party... That is, until something striked up a new conversation.

"Alright, everybody! It's time for the annual games. Since it's fairly nice today, we have water balloons and other activities. We may even do a game of kick ball for whoever's up for it. Let's start with water balloons and go from there? Whatcha think?" Trin called out gleefully. 

Thank God she changed the subject. I didn't want to be the center of attention constantly. Especially when it was all of the kid's sixteenth birthday, like literally one of the biggest milestones in life. You're two years away from being an adult, you can finally get your permit and start driving all over the place...within reason. So getting the conversation off of Melody and I becoming a thing was definitely something I could get behind.