16

(Published: 3/17/17)
Happy St. Patrick's day!!

Third POV:

The rest of November passed slowly for all but Harry. For him, all winter break meant was leaving his beloved Draco. But for everyone else, it meant a chance to either prove Malfoy was tricking Harry, or keep everything the same. Go through with the plan, keep everything simple.
Unfortunately, nothing can be simple, or, at least nothing can stay simple. Not in the wizard of world.
As November drew to a close, and December stole the spotlight, all everyone could think about was break. Whether because they were excited to go home to their families, or sad to stay alone at Hogwarts. But this group had a completely different reason for being upset and worried about winter break.

Ron's POV:

"I said no Hermione!" I replied angrily.
"But Ron, I really think-"
"I don't want to hear anything about Harry!" I replied, trying to walk away. Hermione, of course, followed me, protesting for the thousandth time that she thinks Harry isn't thinking straight or something. (Hehe see what I did there?)
I know she's probably right, but still, I couldn't just walk up to him and apologize. He wouldn't forgive me, and besides, what if he isn't under any potion or spell? Then he just up and left Jenny for Malfoy, and that isn't something you can just forgive overnight.
Especially not after all the Hell Draco put us all through all those years.
No, I decided to wait and see things through. I knew that either way something bad would happen and I also knew that I didn't want to be the one in the crossfire when everything went south.

(A/N:Okay, so don't be mad at me, but as you've probably noticed, many things are repeating themselves and we are getting almost nowhere. I am going to skip through until a few days before winter break starts. Basically everything has been going on the same. Hope there's no hard feelings peeps.)

~time jump - three days until winter break~

Harry's POV:

I had just started packing for winter break when Seamus and Neville walked into the room, both in the middle of a conversation, seemingly about herbology. Neville, of course, was talking excitedly and making wild hand gestures to explain to Seamus about some magical plant.
"And the seeds are poisonous, but the leaves can be used for a sleeping tonic, or calming remedies. Not only that, but it has these-"
"Harry!" Seamus greeted me, seemingly trying to escape the conversation. "What have you been up to?"
He and Neville approached my bed, where I had my trunk laid out, clothes and books spilling out of it untidily. "Packing for break." I explained, motioning to my bed.
Seamus nodded. "I'm staying here for break." He said.
Neville nodded. "Gran wants me to stay behind to." He said. "Something about my cousin being sick, and me needing all the time in school that I could get..."
There was a pause, before Seamus broke the awkward silence. "Wow," he said.
" Yeah." Neville replied, and once again, it seemed as though none of us knew what to say to the others.
It'd grown so awkward since Ron and I had stopped talking, and I'd gotten together with Draco.
I think the others are okay with me being bi, after all, they've never had a problem with Dean's half-sister, Natalie, or her girlfriend. Though, she isn't a witch, we've still talked about her and some of Dean's other half-siblings, and Dean has sent them letters with messages from us in the past. It was never anything serious, just something to occupy our bored minds at the time, but she seemed nice enough from her replies.
I just think that everyone else was afraid to pick a side. Whether they chose me or Ron, they'd loose a friend. It did seem better that they just stay out of it, but it was just so quiet in here now.
Deciding to take a walk, I said goodbye to Neville and Seamus, and was soon walking down the nearly empty corridors. I eventually found myself in the astronomy tower.
Sighing, I sat down on the ledge and looked over the grounds. I'd always liked this view. It was as if you could see everything from this high.
After a while, I found my eyelids growing heavy, and not long after that, I felt myself beginning to doze off.
The last thing I heard before falling asleep, was the distant sound of footsteps, and a door shutting.

Quiz time!

Q: Who is the Hogwarts poltergeist?