Unthinkable

Chapter 14:

*3 months later*

I missed my period again. This time I started to worry. I have irregular periods so missing a month wasn't rare for me . But two months ? I knew something was wrong.

Carly and I are sitting in the doctors office. Waiting to be called in.

"You seem as nervous as me". I say to my best friend as she bites down onto her nails.

"Sorry if the excitement is killing me". She replies sarcastically.

"Emily ?". The nurse calls."Dr. Simon would like to see you now".

Carly and I stand up . Following the nurse into a maze of different hallways before reaching the door marked , Dr.Simon.

The nurse knocks and opens the door , gesturing for us to go inside. Once inside, I seen how big and classy his office really is.

"You must be Emily ". He outstretches his hand. I give him a gentle handshake."And this is?".

"Carly , her best friend". Carly jumps and gives him a tense shake.

"There's no reason to be nervous". Dr.Simon reassures us."Lets begin".

Carly and I take a seat as he takes some papers out of an envelope.

"Well it seems to be true , you are pregnant, congratulations".

Something in me lit up. I didn't know what it was but for some reason I was happy. I was okay .

"Oh my god , really!". Carly screams.

"Yes, But just to be sure, I'm gonna do a quick ultrasound".

"Okay". I say to him in excitement .

"Right this way".

We walk over towards an examination room. He taps the table and I get on it and lay down .

"Lift your shirt". I followed his orders . Lifting my shirt and watching him put on a pair of white gloves.

He puts a cold gel on my small tummy and turns on the monitor.

After a little he begins to rotate the wand , around my tummy. And then I heard it , a heartbeat.

"There's a sac , you're pregnant". He smiles."Would you like a picture?".

"Yes". I nod in agreement.

"And a copy". Carly says making us all laugh.

*-*

"And it's really for the best Carly". I explain to her while packing my two huge suitcases.

She hands me a t shirt she had gotten me the first year we met. Making me stop packing and taking a seat on the bed with her.

She immediately hugs me.

"I'm going to miss you". She says taking a few sniffs.