Meeting Shawn Mendes

Kayla POV

The next day I woke up and got ready to go over to Cameron's house next door to invite him over for dinner. His mom answers the door, "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Kayla. I was wondering if Cameron was here."

"Nice to meet you Kayla, I'm Cameron's mom, Gina. Cameron is upstairs in his room. You can go up there."

"Thank you." I head up the stairs and knock on Cameron's bedroom door.

I hear someone get up and open the door. I look up and see a tall boy with brown hair and brown eyes.

I smile at him, "Hi, I was looking for Cameron."

"Cameron a girl is is asking for you." The boy says.

He stepped to the side and says, "Come on in."

We sit together on Cameron's bed waiting for him to get out of the bathroom.

"Hi, I'm Cameron's friend, Shawn Mendes."

Let me tell you, that boy's smile is so alluring. I move to face him on the bed, causing my phone to fall off the bed onto the ground. I get off the bed and reach down for it. While grabbing my phone his hand is already there. I keep my hand on his and lift my head to look up at him. He smiles and it melts my heart while the feel of his hand on mine gives me butterflies in my stomach.

"Sorry." I say and lift my hand.

He hands me back my phone and I thank him. We were both standing up now and we were staring into each other's eyes. His eyes sparkled.

Cameron came in the room while Shawn and I were still staring into each other's eyes. I looked away from Shawn and looked at Cameron.

"Hey, Cameron. I was wondering if you wanted to come have dinner with my and my parents tonight. You can bring Shawn too if you want." I say looking at Cameron then to Shawn.

Cameron looked at Shawn and turned back to me and said, "Yeah, sure. What time?"

"Around 5 so we can hang out before dinner. Dinner should be around 6 30."

"Sounds fun. I can't wait." Shawn says to me.

I looked at Cameron and Shawn, "Well, I will go and let you two continue what you were doing. I will see you later."

I walked out the door and went back to my house with Shawn still on mind.

(410 words)