Chapter 1: The Date

Max's Pov

I began to daydream on how the day will go, until I realized that I was sitting next to Gidget, watching her favorite show. Wow, how time flies when you're having fun, I thought to myself as I recalled what we did. After I invited Gidget over, we played with some of my toys. Gidget then told me her show was about to go on. So we watched that for a while. Now all I'm waiting for is for Duke to finish preparing.

I looked over to the clock. It read 11:27. Duke should be back at any moment, hopefully. At that moment, Gidget's show ended.

"So Gidget, what do you want to do now?" I asked, as I stretched my back.

"I don't know. Maybe we can go for a walk," she responded.

A walk did sound good, but I had to wait for Duke to return.

"We can go later. Let's just watch a bit more TV."

"Sounds good to me," Gidget said, as she cuddled up next to me.

30 Minutes Later...

We were in the middle of a food commercial when Duke climbed in through the window.

"Hey guys, how's your day been going?" Duke asked.

"It's been pretty good so far," Gidget said, while rubbing her head on my chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gidget's Pov

I felt Max's heartbeat while I had my head on his chest. I was also able to feel his warmth radiating from him. Deep down I felt as if Max forgot our one year anniversary, because so far it's been pretty bland. Well, it's not like I don't like spending time with him, it's just that today is a special day and all we are doing is watching TV.

Duke looked at us and gave a huge smile. "Gidget. I'm sorry, but I have to take Max away so I can tell him something private."

I tested my head on a pillow as I waited for my lover's return. When Max came back, he had a smile on his face, too.

"Hey Gidget, let's go for that walk now," Max said.

"Sure!" I replied. I felt a bit excited to see what may happen today.

As we started our walk from the apartment, I stayed very close to Max at all times.

"So Max, where are walking to?"

"We are on our way to Central Park."

"What are we going to do there?"

It took him a while to respond. "We are going to do normal dog stuff."

I giggled when I heard that. "No really, what are we going to do?"

"Don't worry about it. You'll see when we get to the park."

"Fine," I said, a bit disappointed, but still curious on what Max meant.

After a little while of walking we made it to Central Park, the park seemed pretty empty which surprised me. I followed Max under a tree, where a picnic was set up on the grass. I was able to smell steak and sausages, my stomach began to grumble. I can tell Max heard my stomach because he turned towards me and chuckled.

"Well Gidget, we're here!" said Max.

"Is this for us?"

"Yes it is my love, happy anniversary!" He said with a cute grin.

I felt my heart started beating faster, my tail wagging rapidly, and myself started to get excited. I tackled Max and began to lick his face in joy.

"Max you remembered!" I said.

"How can I forget. I have the whole day planned out for us," he said with a chuckle.

I got off him and let him back up. "What do you have planned?"

"Well we're going to start off with the picnic, after we sneak into a movie theater and watch a movie. Then, we could sneak onto a tour boat heading towards the Statue of Liberty. We can then return and have a romantic dinner. At the end of the day we can get to the top of the Empire State Building, and enjoy the beautiful night."

I have a giggle. "Wow, you actually do have the entire day planned out."

"Is that too much?"

"No, it sounds perfect, especially since I'm with you."

I noticed that he began to blush. "Well let's dig into our food and enjoy our day."

6 Hours Later

Max's Pov

After an entire day of fun it was now time for us to head up the Empire State Building and enjoy each other. Gidget still had a huge smile on her face which let me know that she was enjoying herself. Once we got to the top I saw Gidget's eyes begin to sparkle as she saw all the shining lights.

"You seem like you love it up here." I said.

"It's beautiful, I've never seen the city from this high up. I've only seen it from the top of my apartment."

As we looked onto the city, Gidget started to rest her head on my shoulder. I looked down at her, she had the sparkle in her eyes, the night breeze blowing through her due, and the night time glow, giving her fur a bluish tint, she was beautiful. I never wanted the moment to end, but it had to, it was getting pretty late.

"Gidget, do you want to head home now?"

She looked up. "Well I don't want to, but it seems like we must."

We began our walk back home. This day was the best I kept saying in my head. Once we got to her house she seemed very sad.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"Well, it's just that I don't want the day to end," she said, looking at her apartment's window.

"Well the day doesn't have to end in sadness."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know what I mean by that," I said with a wink.

"Oh," she said, blushing with a smile.

"So what do you think?"

"I think you should come right in Max," she said with a giggle.

I stepped right in and the night ended well.

Chapter 1 is up. It's taking me a long time to write out the story, since I use a phone, and I can't copy and paste. So yeah, I'll try to find a faster way to write out the chapters. Thank you guys for your support. Leave a comment, and I'll talk to you all later.