3. The clock is ticking

"I don't really care anymore Jhené

"I don't really care anymore Jhené. Let's face it we been online for like an hour and still haven't found any good paying jobs." I said

Jhené and I have been frantically searching for jobs online and it's not going how I planned. Tonight I hope that I find something to my liking or at least something i can deal with. We've been searching for at least a hour and a half now and still haven't found anything.My doubts are screaming at me to give up and I think I might listen this time.

"Cmon Robz don't act like that we'll find something sooner or later" Jhené said looking at the laptop screen determined.

"You know that my rent is due in like 2 days right?" I asked while pouring me a cup of juice.

"Oh really I didn't know it's not like you said it 16 million times" Jhené said sarcastically.

"I'm just saying that we don't have a lot of time and we need to have something by today or-"

"Oh shit" Jhené said cutting me off. She smiled at the screen while scrolling. "Robyn come look at this."

"What is it" I said running to the couch.

Jhené turned her laptop towards me and I read the description of the job.

"A maid?" I said looking at her confused.

"Uh yes! First off Ima need u to direct your attention to the money that they are paying you every hour." She said scrolling up.

I looked at the screen and it sure enough said 80$ an hour and that the money will increase based off of how well the work is. 

"I'll think I'll take it. I mean how bad could being a Maid be? All I'm doing is cooking and cleaning right." I said still looking at the job flyer online.

"Yes and ur good at both of those things. Especially cooking" Jhené said getting up. "Speaking of cooking whatcha got in this refrigerator girl" she stated opening my fridge door.

"There's leftover fried chicken and rice in the white bowl" I said still looking at the screen.
Do you think I should really do this I asked

"Yes Robz  so hurry up and contact them"

I wrote down the email attached to the description and began typing. Well here goes nothing I said to myself.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Brown,

I saw your job flyer you put online in which you request a maid. I am definitely interested and certain that I will be perfect for this job so please contact me if you would like to do a interview.

Sincerely, Robyn Fenty

After writing the email I closed my laptop. The nervousness rose to the surface and my anxiety punched me in the face. I really don't know why i am nervous when I know that I'm great at both cooking and cleaning. I don't wanna have a full blown anxiety attack while I wait for a response so I just need to stay occupied. At this moment I'm literally chewing on my nails out of nervousness and trying to feel somewhat better about this situation.

"Umm Robz you good?" Jhené asked me while she ate a piece of chicken.

"Yea yea I'm fine." I said waving her off.

"Alright good cause Andre wants to talk to you!"

"Andre? You mean from the diner Andre?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yess girl! You know he likes you. He texted me saying that he wanted your number so I gave him it.

Jhené why would you give him my number! You know that I don't want to date anybody right now!

"Robz please cmon you need some pleasure in your life and some fun! Tell me when was the last time you actually had fun with a guy.

I hesitated before I said my answer because I really had to think... I finally responded with "like a year maybe"

"Exactly so this is the time"

My phone went off interrupting our conversation and notifying me that I had gotten a text. I stared at Jhené for a while just smirking knowing that it was most likely Andre. I rolled my eyes as I checked my phone and sure enough it was a text from him. Saying something along the lines of hi this is Andre and Jhené gave me your number.

I looked at Jhené again with my are you serious face. Why we should do that when she knows that I'm stressing over this Maid job.

My phone buzzed again revealing another text from Andre. It read

So um i would like to take you out sometime this week if that's okay with you. It's just going to be a friendly lunch nothing more...

I stared at my phone not really knowing what I should say back.

"Soo what did he say" Jhené asked me

"He wants to take me out on date, but I don't know if I should say yes"

Umm bitch yes gooo because you need to get rid of them cobwebs on that pus-

"Alright alright I'll say yes damn" I said cutting her off. I chucked and shook my head as I wondered how I ever ended up with a freind like her.

"You're crazy" I said

"Yea but you love me"

I laughed some more as I opened my laptop. The surprise waiting for me was so surreal that I gasped.

"What Robz what happened" she asked rushing over.

"Mr. and Mrs.Brown want me to come to Their house to interview me!"
—————————–————————————
Hey guys❤️ next chapter will be the interview!!! Don't forget to vote and please tell me what you think in the comments❤️❤️