5. Aftermath

I tilt my head back and let the smoke evade my lips

I tilt my head back and let the smoke evade my lips..while I try to figure out exactly how I'm feeling at this moment. The interview went fairly well in my opinion.. I delivered the best answers that I could muster up and hopefully they received it as great answers. I spoke truthfully and I'm pretty sure they saw that as well. I sensed a little bit of tension between Maya and Chris because of his lateness but maybe I'm wrong...

Speaking of Chris..my first impression of him was that he's a fairly handsome man..he seemed charming in his white button down, black jeans... and dazzling smile. I felt comfortable in regards to their genuine smiles and warm welcoming. It was until I felt Chris's eyes burn a whole through me that I thought I was doing something wrong..

Once in a while I would catch his eyes..but he didn't look away. I figured he was just trying to read me or something or see what I'm about. He didn't ask any questions..Maya was basically the only one interviewing me.. that was until she got a phone call in the middle of our conversation.. she stated that it was important and had to go take the call.. she then asked Chris to carry on and take her place.

Flashback❗️

"Why should we hire you" Chris asked.

"Well I'm a great cook and a clean freak.." I said chuckling.

"Oh yea? You know, I don't go off of anybody's word when it comes to cooking.. I would have to try it myself." He leaned back and licked his lips.

"Have you ever ate at Roy's diner during the week?" I asked him

"Oh yea I love that place their food is delicious"

"Thankyou" I smirked.

"Why are you saying thankyou?" Chris asked confused.

"Because that was me who cooked that food.." I chuckled because of the disoriented look on his face.

"Wait, wait... so are you saying you work at Roy's diner?"

"Mhm"

I saw him smile a bit as he just stared into my eyes. We stayed like that for a second until Maya came back. We reverted right back to the interview.

I couldn't get those brown eyes to stop showing up in my mind at random moments.. i just push those thoughts to the back of my head because I'm not really sure what it means..

Instead of pondering on that I focused my thoughts on Jhené texting me earlier about the interview... she wanted to know how it went so I just invited her over. She should be here in a little bit but who knows...

 She should be here in a little bit but who knows