Edvige

shit! Crash shot her! that reckless kid is gonna pay for what he just did, for now though i gotta help her. 

"Taylor! Taylor! can you hear me?!" i asked her. 

she just laid on the floor clutching her stomach screaming. i hated seeing her in pain, though in seconds she went silent and suddenly i wanted the screaming back. i picked her up and began running up the stairs.

"Ed? Ed! wait up!" people shouted behind me. 

i didn't listen i ran to one of the cars, got her in the back, and drove like a mad man to the hospital. once there i hurried her in and they got her on a gurnie right away and took her back to surgery. only then did it hit me what happened. for the first time in years i broke down crying. Taylor's gotta live, she's gotta make it! she's like a daughter to me, and i swear to God if something ever happens to her again i'll rip them apart limb by limb. 

soon enough Frank called me.

"hey where are you?" he asked.

"oh i'm just at home havin' a drink. where do you think i'm at dip shit!? i'm at the hospital!" i told him. 

"we're on our way." he said before hanging up. 

i waited there with my leg shaking rapidly, i probably had some blood on my shirt from her wound but i could care less. i just want her to be okay!

once everyone did get here the waiting room was suddenly flooded with guys stained in blood and sweat. most of them went to the bathroom to clean up, as to avoid suspicion. Grandfather, Frank Carlos, Castro, and I waited, for what seamed like an eternity. it was really just a few hours till the doctor came out. he had a grim look on his face and my heart dropped.

"you may wanna say your goodbyes." he told us. we all stood up and followed him back to her room. she was lying in the hospital bed unconscious and with a bandage across a wound on her forehead. 

it was dead silence besides the shallow and slow beep of the heart monitor, as we all stood in the doorway, taking in the sight.

finally Grandfather broke the pattern and went to go sit by her. i quickly joined him and took her small hand in mine. Grandfather began humming a familiar tune that my mama used to sing to me. it soon turned into a song.

"Una mattina mi sono alzato,

O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao,
Una mattina mi sono alzato,
E ho trovato l'invasor.

O partigiano portami via,
O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao
O partigiano portami via,
Ché mi sento di morir.

E se io muoio da partigiano,
O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao
E se io muoio da partigiano,
Tu mi devi seppellir.

E seppellire lassù in montagna,
O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao,
E seppellire lassù in montagna,
Sotto l'ombra di un bel fior.

Tutte le genti che passeranno,
O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao,
E le genti che passeranno,
Mi diranno: "Che bel fior!"

"È questo il fiore del partigiano
O bella ciao, bella ciao, bella ciao ciao ciao,
È questo il fiore del partigiano,
Morto per la libertà."  

as he finishes i feel a few tears fighting to come out. i saw some of the other guys doing the same.

"Dad..." a small voice muttered. 

i looked to Taylor and saw her eyes squeeze a little as she weakly gripped my hand. 

"i'm here Tay, it'll be okay." i told her as the tears left my eyes. 

"don't cry..." she muttered. 

i looked at her through blurry tears and saw her eyes open.

"Taylor!" i exclaimed excitedly. 

everyone looked up at her and saw she was awake. the heart monitor steadily picked up to a more frequent beeping, meaning that her heart was getting back up to speed.

"i missed you..." she said 

"we missed you too Tesoro, but we're never gonna let you get hurt again, i promise."