Pilot (Part 2)

One Hour Later

"So this is where Constance took the swan dive."  Dean states as we all lean on the railing of the bridge and look down at the river.  "So you two think Dad would have been here?"  Sam asks as he looks over at me and Dean.  "Well, he's chasing the same story and we're chasing him."  I explain to Sam as we all continue to walk.

"Okay so now what?"  Sam asks us.  "Now we keep diggin until we find him.  Might take a while."  Dean replies.  Sam stops walking behind us.  "Dean, Dani.  I told you guys, I've gotta get back by Monday-"  Dean and I turn around, looks of hurt flashing quick on each of our faces.  "Monday.  Right.  The interview."  Dean replies monotonously.  "Yeah."  Sam says plainly.  "Yeah, I forgot. You're really serious about this, aren't you?"  Dean starts.  "You think you're just going to become some lawyer? Marry your girl?"  He finishes.  "Maybe.  Why not?"  Sam asks Dean, slightly offended.

"Does Jessica know the truth about you?"  Dean asks.  I look over at him with a scowl.  "Dean-"  He cuts me off.  "I mean, does she know about the things you've done?"  He continues.  Sam takes a threatening step forward.  "No and she's not ever going to know."  Dean just looks at him and I begin to get ready to break up a fight.

"Well, that's healthy. You can pretend all you want, Sammy. But sooner or later you're going to have to face up to who you really are."  Dean turns around and starts to walk away as I look at Sam.  "He has a point you know.  This is something that you cannot keep from her forever.  She deserves to know the truth."  Sam just looks at me like I'm crazy and we both start to follow Dean.

"And who am I supposed to be?"  Sam asks.  "You're one of us."  Dean gestures to me and himself as I nod my head in agreement.  "Once a hunter always a hunter."  I add.  Sam hurries to get in front of me and Dean.  "No.  I'm not like you guys.  This is not going to be my life."  He tells us.  "Sam, don't you get it?!  There is no escaping this life!  Yeah, you came pretty close to it, but no matter what you do, no matter where you go, hunting is going to follow you."  I try and put the message in his thick skull, but he doesn't listen.

"Like I said before.  This is not going to  be my life."  He reiterates.  "You have a responsibility to-"  Sam scoffs.  "To Dad? And his crusade? If it weren't for pictures I wouldn't even know what Mom looks like. And what difference would it make? Even if we do find the thing that killed her, Mom's gone. And she isn't coming back."  Sam states.  I gasp.  He has no right to talk about her that way.  He isn't the only one who never met her.  At least I am not the one ignoring the mission.

Dean quickly grabs Sam and shoves him against the bridge railing as I watch in the background, fiddling with my bracelet that used to belong to Mom.  "Don't talk about her like that."  Dean whispers before releasing him and walking away.  I glare at Sam and turn around only to see something that makes me stop my brothers in their tracks.

"Guys..."  I point to Constance standing on the railing of the bridge.  Sam and Dean move up to stand behind me.  Constance just looks at all of us and steps off the edge of the bridge.  We all run to the railing and look over, only to find nothing.  "Where'd she go?"  Dean asks.  "No idea."  I answer.

Then we hear the Impala's engine start and see the headlights turn on.  "What the-" Dean starts.   "Who's driving your car?"  Sam asks Dean.  I pull the keys out of Dean's pocket and jingle them.  The car suddenly jerked into motion and started to head straight for us.

"Dean?!  Dani?!  Go!  Go!"  Sam yells as we all start to run.  As I run I quickly turn around and see that the car is getting to close to us.  We all start to head towards the railing and all three of us jump causing the car to stop.

Sam and I each catch ourselves on the edge of the bridge and pull ourselves up.  Sam looks around and starts to call out Dean's name.  I peak over the bridge and start laughing as I see Dean down below covered in mud.  Sam comes up behind me and starts laughing at our older brothers misfortune.  "You all right?"  He calls out between laughs.  Dean holds up the A-Okay sign.  "I'm super."  He yells back at us.