CAMERON

Cameron

Funny, isn't it not, how we go around thinking about the seeming less things in life. How should I put my hair today? Should I use the white dress or the skinny jeans? Do you think she would talk to me? How do I get her to have sex with me again without letting her think it's something else?

You see we're all selfish bastards at least once our lives and then something makes up come up to breath. Something knocks some sense into us and yells 'wake the fuck up and realize what you're doing!'. Something makes us stop and think and look around and notice things. The breeze, the water, the air, the birds; anything and everything all around us, it makes us SEE instead of look.

In my case, it was SOMEONE. Someone taught me how to listen, how to look, how to FEEL. When all I thought, I did and accepted was normal, that person knocked some sense into me, literary, before I was off the edge for good. That person made me realize that life is a paradox and perfection is irrelevant.

That person made me realize gravity.

You see, people these days have never been more wrong. It's not about who's smart, who's charismatic, who's selfless, who's chivalrous; no. It's about who has the latest phone, and the best shoes, the latest clothing, and the bests, most killer looks. Seem shallow? Well deal with it 'cause I present to you; life.

You see, it doesn't matter if you're the best of your class, 'cause you're a nerd. It doesn't matter if you like sci-fi movies and/or books and comics, cause you're a geek. It doesn't matter if you like having sex, cause you're a whore/manwhore. It doesn't matter if you don't have money, cause you're poor. And it certainly doesn't matter if you do have money, 'cause you are just a greedy, little rich kid that doesn't care about anybody or anything but themselves. You see it doesn't matter what you are, or what society THINKS what you are because there are things that are going to haunt you forever. Labels.

Labels. Titles. Marks.

You name it.

I always thought that that was normal. You get a label then that's what you are. You have no say, or do, if you don't agree then suck it up because you can't do anything about it. Not now. Not ever. And boy was I wrong.

It turns out that you can have a say if you stay with that "label" or not. That is up to you to make that decision, not others. I was so caught up in the lies, in the fog, in the darkness of being labelled that I didn't realize one small little detail that would change my life forever. One little thing that all human beings are capable of but some are just too afraid of using it regardless of the consequences. I forgot how to think.

Yes, that's right. I forgot how to think.

I didn't particularly like how we were all treated and/or used. I was sick and tired of being left in the corner following a turrage that didn't even know me at all. But did I do something about it? No

And why is that?

Because people think they can't do things when other people don't value or see the potential inside them. People can't be who they are when there are other people around them telling them to be one thing instead of them having an opinion of their own.

Sure, there are people that don't take anybody's bullshit and speak up. But what about those that are just so weak and vulnerable? What about those that have been manipulated to the point that they are just as confused as they are lost about what should be a good or bad? What about those that have lost themselves trying to be something everybody else wants them to be?

What about people like me?

HELLO YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE. MAY NAME IS LEONA, AS YOU ALREADY KNOW, AND IM TESTING THE WATERS HERE TO SEE WHAT COMES UP AND WHAT I CAN MAKE OF THIS. I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS BOOK AND I FINALLY GOT THE COURAGE TO DO THIS. DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH PEOPLE LIKE THIS I WILL KEEP UPDATING. SORRY I DONT HAVE A COVER YET, AS I SAID, I'M KIND OF STILL WORKING ON IT. FOR ANY DOUBTS, QUESTIONS, SUGESTIONS, OR EVEN TO JUST CHAT, JUST TEXT ME OR LEAVE COMMENTS. I'LL TRY TO READ AND ANSWER THEM AS FAST AS I CAN.

BLUE...