CHAPTER 3

Cameron

A playground.

The badass girl took me to a playground, and it was filled with little kids. Jumping and running and playing around without a care in the world. "common cameo". I hadn't even realized she got out the car until she opened my door and all but dragged me out of the car. "you're kidding, right? We are going to the playground?". Even though I wanted the complete different, I still got out of the car and started following her anyways. Because that is what I do no? follow other people around. "don't sound so enthusiastic now, people might actually believe you have feelings". We met two days ago. Two freaking days ago. And she already was teasing me. Great. " jah jah jah very funny Evelyn, now take me home." And what did she do? Kept walking. We finally stopped in front of the playground and all the little kids were running and dogging us or running through us so I turned around and went into the car again. "no! get your ass out of the car before I drag you by the balls, you clearly don't have, myself." Needless to say, I didn't need much convincing after that.

And now here we are. On our way to the playground; again. And I still didn't know what was up on this girls' mind. But I'm determined to find out. "So, what are we doing here?" I tried to make the most out of it at least. "pineapples". Well there goes my tries it seems. "what?" "you asked a stupid question I answer with a weird and random answer. Ask me more of those and I swear you'll hate pineapples forever". Again. She didn't say this threatening or anything of the sort. I actually smiled. "so, I guess you are making us play in here then?" I couldn't help but ask, I just needed to know. "jeez you are making out like I'm gonna murder you or something. Now tell me this Cameron, what people are completely and hopelessly happy other than children? What other people don't have a care or burden in the world than a child?". It seems like I took a bit too long then what she liked to wait because when I didn't reply she continued. "why do you think adults and teens look at children with envy, admiration, or even hate at times?... it is because they know that they were once that care free and they had to grow up. But tell me this. Who told us that we still couldn't enjoy the things we enjoyed back then because we were gonna be called a 'child'; which I think is kind of ironic because that's what we were? Who told us to stop doing the things we love just because it was not 'appropriate' for our age? Who ever said that we couldn't play in the monkey bars carelessly without thinking or giving a flying fuck what everybody else said?" she stepped closer and whispered. "who said that we needed to leave all those things behind to be able to 'grow up'?"

To say I was shell shocked was an understatement. So, with that she grinned up at me and took my hands running to the monkey bars. And I think I'm man enough to say that that was the best afternoon I ever had. Little did I know that that wasn't gonna last too long.

***

"rojo"

"rrojou?"

"rojo"

"rrojou"