Nerves

Amelia has been suspecting that she's pregnant for days now. Since she and Owen had made a pact to not keep secrets, she felt the need to tell him.

Earlier that day, she took a pregnancy test from a supply closet, and kept it with her all day.

Amelia arrived home to see her husband sitting on the couch, watching TV. She took a deep breath and walked up to him.

"Hey, come here." Owen said, pulling her to sit with him. She slightly smiled before greeting him with a kiss. "You okay?" He asked.

"I uh, I think I'm pregnant." Amelia said.

"Wh-what?!" Owen asked, trying to hold in a smile.

"I think so. I brought a test." Amelia said, taking it out of her pocket.

"Are you ready to find out?" Owen asked. Amelia nodded and headed into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, the test was sitting on the coffee table, and the couple was sitting on the couch in silence.

Amelia blindly clutched Owen's hand, scared. Owen gave her hand a squeeze, letting her know that he's here.

Amelia's phone timer went off, and Owen shut it off.

"I can't look." Amelia said. Owen looked at it and smiled. It was positive. Amelia looked at it and saw the plus sign, instantly standing up and running to the bedroom, locking the door.

Owen had no idea what to do. He was ecstatic, but Amelia was clearly extremely nervous. He stood up and headed to the bedroom. He tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Amelia.." Owen said, knocking on the door. He heard absolutely no movement from inside the bedroom. He began to get worried, so he found the key in the office and opened the door. Amelia had changed into her pajamas and was curled up in bed. She looked like a statue. When she saw Owen, she rolled over to face the middle of the bed. He climbed in the bed and laid next to her.

"It's okay to be scared. I'm not going to promise that everything will be perfect. But whatever happens, I'll be here for you and the baby the entire time. You won't have to be alone, okay?" Owen said. Amelia looked at him and let her tears fall, slowly nodding. Owen smiled and pulled her in his arms, stroking her back slowly.

****************
After a week, Amelia was still terrified and was too nervous to get an ultrasound.

Amelia and Owen were on the couch. Amelia was typing on her computer while Owen read a book. Owen put his book down and took a deep breath.

"Amelia, don't you want to get an ultrasound? Just to make sure everything is okay?" Owen asked, touching Amelia's knee. Amelia looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

"I'm scared." Amelia confessed.

"I'll go with you, and I'll be there so you're not alone." Owen said. Amelia just shook her head.

"I'm kinda tired, I think I'm gonna head to bed." Amelia lied, standing up.

****************
After another week, Owen just stopped asking, knowing Amelia would be ready eventually.

Amelia approached Owen in the ER. He was at the desk, talking to April.

"Hey, are you busy?" Amelia asked shyly.

"No, I'm not. Is everything okay?" Owen asked, putting his hand on her back. April left to give them some space.

"Arizona's not busy, so I was thinking we could.." Amelia started, knowing he'd know what she was trying to say.

"Yeah, are you ready?" Owen asked. Amelia nodded. He grabbed her hand and they walked to the OB wing.

They talked to Arizona and got in a private exam room. Amelia was laying on the table staring at the ceiling, nervous.

Owen grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm so nervous, I feel nauseous." Amelia said. Owen pushed some hair off her face and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Soon enough, Arizona came in and squirt the cold gel on Amelia's flat stomach. Amelia tilted her head back as Arizona moved the probe around.

Amelia thought she was dreaming when she heard the strong heartbeat. She gasped as tears filled her eyes.

"Owen, that's our baby." Amelia said, looking at Owen. He looked at her with a smile, kissing her forehead.

"Actually, your babies." Arizona said.

"Our what?" Amelia asked, directing her attention to Arizona. Arizona turned the machine towards them.

"I'm seeing three babies. There's baby A, baby B, and hiding over here is baby C." Arizona said, pointing at each tiny miracle.

You could spot the joy on Owen's face from a mile away. He had the biggest smile plastered on his face.

"Oh my god." Amelia said. She was speechless.

After Arizona confirmed that all three babies were healthy, Amelia relaxed. She was still in shock, but couldn't hide the fact that she was excited.