And...We Meet Again

With the school year ending like that, of course I had no wishes to go back to school. Even though a tiny part of me was agreeing, I didn't want the rest of the school around me. It felt as if they were crouching around my life and that I did not like. It was great having a break from school and that chapter, but I knew that there was an end to everything. Good and bad as well.

Anxiety activated. My eyes opened feeling as heavy as dumbbells. I clenched my stomach and a feeling of sickness washed over me. After the usual morning routine, I walked out the door with my mum rushing behind me.
"All good? Is your bag heavy? Do you want me to carry it? Olisa!"
"No no, it's fine. Truly all goods." I speeded to the car and got in throwing my bag in the back. My hands went pale and I clenched them into fists preventing my mum from seeing them and throwing a bunch of questions at me.

I'm settling everything into my new locker, when the feeling of someone crouching over me makes me feel uncomfortable. I get up accidentally nudging someone, a familiar someone.
"Sorry," We said in unison - I looked up. "Oh, hey." Fancy seeing you here, I add sarcastically in my head...Trevor. Just had to be him, right?

Before I can go on any longer with organising my locker, Trevor's starts talking - "First we're swapping lockers. There's no way I'm letting a girl, specially you, have to crouch down. I didn't ask because I know any girl would agree. Sorry you have to get everything out again though."

"Thanks very much, truly. You're a real gentleman and you've changed my locker life. But listen Trevor, last year was maybe imperceptibly weird. I'm hoping it's not going to be like that this year. It's probably because of me that we were in that phase but I wish this year is better." I stand up from setting up my locker, turn around and gag. "Just gaging at how cheesy that was." He laughs with his perfectly straight teeth, sending me a feeling I will never forget.

"I agree on everything you just said but not the second sentence because no way was it your fault. I guess we're two people who can't speak out their feelings, hope we get there." I smile in response. We've got everything for our first period and locked our lockers, which he's leaning against now and I'm leaning against the opposite wall with my heart falling out. How am I managing this talk, I don't know. I'm not taking any chances of any awkward silences so I decide to make small talk about the holidays and soon he asks me about mine, I talk about my birthday because that was the only main thing and things seem to carry on "casually" just like THAT.

Before we both know it, the bell rings. Making me realise the turns that conversation took but I was still dumbfounded at the fact that that was real life. Me having some sort of conversation with Trevor Pershova. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll like some time to recover from that - and...where is that hospital ?