Chapter 1

*Flashback*

Oh Stella, people do things when they're drunk that they regret later. You're mother must have been so, so drunk when she had you. I mean, c'mon you're just a worthless little brat, just like your mom. Are you even listening to me? Stella, look at me and listen, now. STELLA, DID YOU HEAR ME? STELLA!

"What? Huh?" I say, snapping out of my thoughts. I look around. I'm still in my plain, dull room that I share with Lucy, who is waving her arms in my face.

"Stella, are you ok?" Lucy asks, worried. Lucy is 6, about to be 7 next week.

"Yeah I was just... Thinking." I say, looking down at my shaking hands. I hop out of the window sill and take Lucy's hand.

"What were you thinking about?" She asks, as she skips down the hall, swinging our hands as we go.

"Nothing important," I sigh. "But I feel like it's someone's birthday next week- it's just that I don't know who's." I say leaning against the wall. I look up and tap my cheek.

"Oh, oh! It's mine, it's mine!" She squeals jumping up and down, her light brown hair bouncing along with her.

"No, it can't possibly be Ms. Kay's. Or Grace's. Definitely not Cassie's or Riley's." I say, trying not to smile, as Lucy tugs on my sleeves.

"It's mine! Stella, Stella, Stella it's mine!" She says frowning.

"Oh that's right!" I say, looking at Lucy with wide eyes, as Lucy starts to smile.

"It's Kayla's!" I say, flinging my arms in the air. Lucy's smile fades as she looks up at me with sad eyes.

"No it's not! Her's is in a month!" Lucy says.

"That's because it's yours!" I say, picking her up.

"Yay!" She giggles. I smile at her.

"Girls!" Ms. Kay yells from the bottom if the stairs. "Lunch is ready!" Lucy hops out of my arms and runs down stairs. I walk up and stand next to Ms. Kay and watch all of the girls eat.

"We'll, it's officially been 6 years since you first came to the orphanage!" Ms. Kay says, taking off her apron.

"Yep." I sigh, thinking about Cody.

Cody's the guy my mom remarried after my mom and dad divorced. He abused me and my mother both and got my mom to be a drunk. After that they both abused and they next door neighbors called they police one day when they heard screaming. They arrested both of them and brought me here.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and check the time.

"Ms. Kay can I go out for a couple of hours?" I ask pleadingly.

"Yes, but be back by 5." Ms. Kay says checking her watch.

"Thank you!" I say hugging her.

"Bye girls!" I say waving to them.

"Where are you going?" Lucy asks.

"To the shopping center." I say hugging her.

"Ok bye love you!" She says.

"Love you too!" I say, grabbing my Little Mix poster before walking out the door.

Today Little Mix will be at the shopping center for an acoustic show and a signing.

When I arrive there the line for the acoustic show seem miles long.

"I'm glad I'm not waiting in line for that." I say to my self.

"Why not?" I hear a small, familiar voice say. I turn around, and sure enough, it's Lucy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, picking her up.

"I wanted to come too, so Ms. Kay let me run after you!" she says, happily.

"Oh ok!" I say.

"Why don't you have to wait in line?" Lucy asks again.

"Because we can't go to the acoustic show." I say.

"Why not?" Lucy asks.

"We don't have any money, duh!" I say, making a face. Lucy giggles.

"Who are they?" Lucy asks.

"Little Mix!" I say. Soon enough where at the front of the line.

"Oh yeah I forgot we aren't going!" I laugh at my self. As we try to get out of line the people behind us push us forward, into the people in front of us, who are going inside. We get pushed all they way into the small area were they are performing.

"Great." I say.

"Yay! We got in for free!" Says Lucy.

"Shh!" I say. "No we got shoved in for free! And we don't have stamps. Oh we'll let's just try not to get caught." I say putting Lucy down. I hold her and as we make our way to the front.

Soon it starts and we're all dancing and jumping up and down with our hands in the air.

"Hey! You!" I hear a deep voiced security guard say.

"Oh no." I mumble.