Chapter 5

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I hear a voice say.

"What?" I groan, rubbing my eyes.

"Today's my adoption day, duh." Lucy says, putting her hand on her hips.

"Oh yeah." I say jumping out of bed, running to get dressed.

"Lucy go down stairs and get ready for breakfast." I tell her.

"Why?" Lucy asks, confused.

"Because, I need to get dressed." I say.

Lucy groans disappearing down the stairs.

I quickly get dressed, and dig for Lucy's Goodbye present from under my bed and join everyone down stairs.

I hear two unfamiliar voices and peek around the corner.

I see a man and woman, with Lucy between the with her things.

"They're way early." I mumble.

"Stella,you finally decided to join us!" Ms. Kay says. "And look who came early!"

"Yeah, I see." I say walking past Lucy's new parents, Lucy trailing behind me.

"Here I wanted to give you this before you go." I say handing her the bag.

"Yay!" Lucy squeals. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome!" I say pulling her into a hug.

"What is it?" Ms. Kay asks.

"A Starbucks gift card, kit kats, and a new scarf." Lucy says holding the scarf up to her face.

"Well we better get going," the woman says. "We have a lot to do today!" She exclaims taking Lucy's hand.

"Don't forget to visit me!" I say hugging her. "I love you." I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"I love you too." And with that they were gone.