Chapter 8 - It's not you, It's me

Hey y'all! what up? miss me? ehh... probably not right? rofl.

so my spring break starts today! tomorrow is the first full day of it! soo happy! i need a break in a bad way. lol. so hopefully i will upload a few times over break! yay for y'all! so enjoy!

i know this chapter isn't much but its all working up to something! what? well a magician never reveals his secret right? well neither does a writer. well at least not this one. ;)

So tell me what you think about this story! if you can guess what the surprise is there will be a special surprise for you! Enjoy your Easter, Holiday, break or whatever! rofl. =)

Thanks and Enjoy!

=)

PS. the video on the side (distance by Christina Perri) kinda fits the whole Darren/Cade thing..... more of cade's pov though cause well Darren's pissed beyond belief at the moment, he doesn't understand that she's doing it to 'save him'. lol.

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cade's pov.

i ignored Darren's presence in the room, even though the air was snapping and crackling with a electric current that ran between us.

i heard him sigh after a few minutes of silence, he walked towards me and took a seat on the bench, pulling me to his side.

i relaxed into his hold, leaning me hand on his shoulder.

" what am i gonna do?" i mutter more to myself than him.

" what can i do? just say the word. please let me help you." he murmured turning his face into my hair.

i shivered involuntarily as his lips brushed against my hair, his warm breath tickling my neck..

" there isn't anything you can do, unless you have the power to make me forget." i told him.

he let out a heavy sigh " i was afraid you would say that." he muttered.

i turned away from him, standing up with my back to him.

i hugged myself and closed my eyes pushing away my tears.

" it will never work you know." i whisper but it sounded like drums in church, loud.

i heard a growl rumble deep in his chest.

"don't you dare say that. it will work out. Besides how do you know without giving it a shot?" he asked demanding a answer.

"i just know. we are too different, you have said so yourself. " i whispered quietly.

" That's a load a bull shit and you know it." he said calling me out.

" Don't deny what is right in front of you." i whispered tiredly back.

" No. Don't you dare deny what is right in front of you!" he said as he spun me around to face him.

i pushed my bangs out of my eyes, glaring up at him.

" it will never work, stop deluding yourself into thinking it wiil." i said, my voice calm and steady even though on the inside it was like the biggest tornado, tornado valley had ever seen.

" No. Cade you stop deluding yourself into think it wont. it will work. it was meant to, that's why the ancestors paired us together. we can make this work, i know we can." he said steely his voice unwavering.

i turned away from him, hugging myself tighter, trying to hold myself together, keep all the broken pieces from falling apart, shattering even more as they tumbled to the ground.