Grease

They all look at me with sadness in their eyes. My tears flow out quickly and quietly. Tears threatened to escape from Caitlin eyes too. It might have been my break up but she was there with me along the way. She never liked him but seeing me upset made her feel horrible. It feels like forever that we are frozen in stone, then all of a sudden time begins again when Grayson rushes towards me. 

"Kelsey please don't cry, he's gone now." It all happens so fast and I'm swiftly in his arms. His warm embrace calms the flow of tears into a slow trickle. He sees a tear slip down and he takes his thumb and gently brushes it away. 

"Why did he come back? I had finally moved on and now he's a reminder of how quickly I was to give up on life." Alexa gets up and puts her coat on. "Alexa? Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'll be back, don't worry about me." 

My eyes begin to pool and tears overflow again. I try to hide my face in his shoulder but he brings me face to face with him. 

"Please, he's a jerk and he's gone now. If he ever comes back Luke and I will take care of him."

"I never want to see him again." Without missing a beat my phone beeps. I already know who it's going to be and when I look down to confirm my suspicions, I wasn't proved wrong. It's from him. I'm not sure what to say or do so I pick my phone up and shakily hand it to Gray to read. His face dropped and began growing red. His expression of sadness turned to anger in a flash. I notice his teeth clench and I know I have to do something to stop this.

"Please Gray, it's okay, I'm okay as long as you're here with me." His body relaxes and he hands my phone back to me. I delete the message and turn it off. We all sit in silence until Luke asks us a question.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie seeings how we can't go out and party." He looks up at me and down at my ankle.

"Thanks Lucas you know how to make a girl feel good."

"Wait what girl did I just make feel good? I thought I was just talking to you." I roll my eyes at him and plead that we watch Grease because it's my favorite movie. Luke and Grayson put up a good defense against it until I pull out my secret weapon.

"But I'm the one who just sprained her ankleee, please Grayyyy." I look up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"You know what Luke, I think we can settle with it for tonight." Gray says quickly. 

"Ugh G you're so easy." Luke sends me a look full of daggers and I just smile at him. Him and Caitlin go to lay on Alexa's bed since she's still not back. Grayson stands up and tells me to get comfortable. I listen to him and lay back on my headboard. He then takes my leg and props it back up on the pillow and puts the ice back on it. He climbs back on bed and lays next to me. He swings his arm around the back of my neck and I snuggle my head against him. Luke makes gagging sounds from across the room and now it's me who sends him an icy stare. 

Midway through the movie the door unlocks and in walks Alexa. 

"Guys, I think I need some ice..." She says as she holds her right hand out. Her knuckles have already begun to turn purple from bruising. Grayson and I turn to look at each and back at her. Luke gets up from of the bed and walks to get ice from the ice machine down the hall. I'm staring at her with a quizzical look when Luke walks back in with a bag of ice. 

"Alexa come over here I need to look at your hand." 

"Okay doc." I move to sit up and knock the ice onto the floor. I swing my legs over to the side of the bed and I grab Alexa's hand. For the last two years of high school I had been working as an EMT and doing rotations at the local hospital so whenever someone got hurt and they didn't want to make a big deal out of it if not necessary they just came to me to get looked at.