Chapter 34: Deal Making

Renesmee's POV

The party is over so I shower and change into some jeans and a white frilly top. Isabelle has pretty good taste and she seems to love dressing me, like I'm her own little doll. I can tell that mom's plan must have worked because there's a layer of tension in the air. I guess Isabelle doesn't know yet I'm sure I'll know when she figures it out. I wander around until I find Seth.

"Hey" he says when I walk into his room. "How was the party?"

"Interesting" I say

"Was-"

"Stef didn't show she had somewhere else to be" I say. Seth gives me a confused look I take a breath and explain mom's plan.

"Bella came up with this plan?" he says after I'm done

"Yup it's all her idea" I say.

"Don't get me wrong it's a great plan just..."

"Risky" I finish for him "I know"

"I really hope it works" he says.

"Where's Alec?" I ask

"I don't know he should be here by now" Seth says

Then the door opens, its Chris the boy who took me to get Aunt Alice "Isabelle wants to see you two now" he says a little tense.

Seth and I give each other a quick glance then follow Chris out of the room. I guess if Isabelle is upset then everyone is tense; actually I think the more accurate word is scared. Everyone we pass is shaking, biting their nails, or showing some other sign of nervousness. Chris leads us to a room that's like an office and a lounge. Isabelle has changed clothes too she's wearing a navy blue skirt and a gold top. She's raking her hands through her hair and pacing, she looks up when Chris closes the door.

"Thanks Chris you can go" she says to him he nods and hurries out of the room.

"Have a seat" she says to us, Seth and I reluctantly sit in the two chairs in front of her desk. After a little more pacing she looks me straight in the eye "what did you do tonight?" she asks.

"I... uh I talked to Jake, and my parents and after they left I went back to my room" I tell her

"I guess that's true enough, your heart didn't skip a beat. Anything you'd like to add?" she asks. I shake my head no "good" she says.

"What's going on?" Seth asks

"I'm not sure yet Derek said he has something to tell me; and he didn't sound happy about it" she says.

After a few minutes Derek comes into the room he's out of breath, has a bloody nose and a bruise on his cheek.

"What happened to you?" Isabelle says walking over to him and touching his cheek.

"Ian's gone we've looked everywhere for him" he says.

Isabelle's body stiffens "what?"

"I'm so sorry" he says

"What happened?" she asks. Her hands are balled into fists and her breathing is uneven

"I caught Ian's sent going into one of the tunnels. By the time I got there he was gone... but" he stops to open the door. Two guys come in with dad and Alec "we caught these two, we tried to follow the rest of them but we couldn't" he explains.

"What do you mean couldn't" she says

"They must have a witch helping them" he says. Isabelle is quite for a minute I can tell she's thinking.