Pete Wentz + Broccoli: Part 2

ONE YEAR LATER

Pete had taken the broccoli's advice, to always listen to friends rather than try to be healthy, and look where it had got him! It turned out that being able to talk to vegetables had more downsides than it did upsides. Not only were they poor conversationalists, vegetables had a habit of not wanting him to eat them.

Patrick had tried to stage an intervention more than once. He tried and tried telling his best friend that listening to food wasn't a good idea. He felt replaced. Pete had cut a Patrick-shaped hole into his life, and filled it again with leafy salads.

Of course, if Pete had been eating the salads rather than befriending them it would have been a different story. Patrick wanted to help Pete get his diet back on track. There was only so much pizza one man could handle.

"Pete!" Patrick said, knocking on his door as loudly as he could, "This has to stop! Come with me and we can eat a healthy meal again."

Patrick could hear chatter, followed by Pete's laughter. He didn't know if the vegetables had spoken over him, or if they were laughing at him. Patrick shouted again, and this time he got an answer.

"Go away, Patrick," Pete shouted through an open window, rather than coming to the door, "I don't need to eat healthy, the veggies are my friends."

"You do, Pete, please," Patrick insisted, "you're going to get ill if you don't eat a vegetable. How long has it been?"

"... I don't know," Pete mumbled, and he honestly didn't know, he hadn't eaten a vegetable in a year at least.

Feeling ashamed of how blind he'd been to his health and real friends, Pete closed the window, and invited Patrick inside. He had to deal with the vegetables shouting at him, but he was strong enough to not listen to them.

Everyone, from the lettuce to the squash, yelled at Pete, telling him that Patrick was trying to get him to eat his friends, and that was not a good thing to do. For a moment he agreed, but then he remembered what food was for. Food was meant to be eaten.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked as he stepped into Pete's house, he couldn't help looking around and noticing just how many vegetables Pete had been surrounding himself with.

Pete nodded, "I've been too busy talking to all of these veggies to realise that you had my best intentions at heart. It's not more important to listen to your friends than to be healthy, especially not if all of your friends are stopping you from being healthy."

"That's exactly the lesson you needed to learn, Pete," Patrick said, clapping his hands to together with glee, he finally reclaimed his best friend from the vegetables, "What do you say? Let's have a salad."

"I think I'd like that a lot! Let's get a salad, with every kind of vegetable under the sun!"

THE END
---

hey guys it's been a year since this absolute trash was first posted I love u for reading it and I love all of the comments I get even if I don't reply oops I'll try to reply to more comments if I get them I promise!!

thanks for sticking with Pete Wentz + Broccoli, read it to ur family they'll love it and it'll put them off the scent that fanfic is all FILTH I promise 10/10