Pete Wentz + Broccoli: Part 3

A/N: you kids know what time of year it is I've come out of wattpad hibernation just for you bc I love you thank you for reading this trash even after two years :)

It had been a long time since Pete had heard from a vegetable. Since his last encounter, now a whole year ago, he had stopped listening to their shouts, eventually they stopped trying to talk to him. A great weight had been lifted, now Pete ate what he wanted to when he wanted to...

But that wouldn't give us much of a story, would it?

This time was different, and it had been difficult to notice at first. It was an occasional nod when no one was speaking, a slight chuckle at a joke no one had made. This time was different, though.

This time, Patrick Stump was the one hearing the voices of his food. This time, it was fruits.

Pete Wentz was enjoying a meal with his best friend, Patrick Stump. It was the middle of March, and, as it had been for the last few years now, something was about to happen.

There were always a lot of vegetables when the two friends ate together. The two of them had only grown closer after their strange experiences with them. Pete had befriended a broccoli, leading to him not eating any vegetables. He believed they were friends, and they were, but sometimes friendships, as strange as it sounds, are unhealthy.

"Patrick, what's wrong?" Pete asked, noticing his friend's odd eating habits, "It seems like you haven't eaten the pineapple on your pizza in forever."

Patrick gulped, swallowing several olives along with the rest of his pizza. "I don't know what you mean, Pete. I have never eaten pineapple on pizza."

"Then why did you order it?"

Patrick looked down at his plate. True enough, there was a growing pile of pineapple that he had picked off his pizza. He didn't quite get it, why had he ordered pizza with pineapples if he didn't want to eat them?

"It's because we're friends, Patrick!"

"What did you say?" Patrick asked, turning his gaze from his pineapple to Pete.

"Nothing," Pete responded, "did you hear something?"

Patrick looked down to his pile of pineapple again. He shuddered. He had spent a year trying to make Pete stop speaking to his vegetable friends. Now, he was talking to fruit.

"Please don't talk to me, Pineapple," Patrick said, trying to be polite, even though really he was quite confused and uncomfortable, "I don't want to talk to food."

"Well," scoffed the pineapple, "isn't that rude?! I go out of my way to say hello and be friends, and you don't want to talk to me?"

Patrick shook his head. This couldn't be happening, could it? Of course it could, people could talk to food, that was something that could happen. He, of all people, should have known that. Still...

Looking worried, Pete asked, "Patrick, are you okay? I'm a bit worried about you. You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I haven't seen one," Patrick said, "I've heard one. Except it's not a ghost, it's this pineapple."

"You can hear food, too, now?"

Patrick nodded sadly, "What do I do, Pete."

He sighed sadly, "You have to do what I had to do, you have to eat them, and never listen to them ever again."

Patrick shuddered once again, it would be hard enough to eat the fruit as it begged him not to, but how could he eat a fruit that he didn't even like? It was going to be hard, but so he didn't end up the same way Pete had been a year ago, it was important that he did it.

He grabbed a spoon, and shovelled on a big clump of the pineapple chunks.

"No, don't do it!!"
"Don't eat us, Patrick!!"
"We're friends!!"

"No!" Patrick exclaimed, "I won't listen to you!"

He started chewing spoonfuls of the pineapple chunks. Part of it felt good, he was in control and felt strong, but it also felt bad. He could hear them yelling, even though it was quiet inside his mouth. About two minutes later, it was done.

"How do you feel?" Pete asked, hoping that his friend wasn't being troubled by the voices of the fruit anymore.

"Much better," Patrick laughed, "I'm just glad I didn't have to spend a year talking to them like you did!"

THE END

A/N: I hope you liked it!! Mark your calendars for next year, March 15th is officially International PW+B Day!!