3

Katie's POV:Today was the day

Katie's POV:
Today was the day. I was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed waiting for Melissa to come get me. About five minutes later she walked in with the biggest smile on her face and reached out her hand for me to grab. As she does I flinch some but take her hand anyways. We got down to the lobby floor and Melissa checked me out then we made our way over to her little black car. We got in and drove off towards what I assumed was our house. While in the car I started to tap my fingers and sing lowly to the music until I heard Melissa softly giggle and look over at me. I blushed in embarrassment and put my face in my hands. When I felt the car stop I look up to see a fairly large two-story house with a porch on the front. It was adorable and much better than the trailers I lived in in Florida or the other place. Shaking the thoughts out of my head and cautiously get out of the car. I meet Melissa at the steps and walked up with her.

I started to feel anxious again and my hands wouldn't stop shaking even after she lead me inside. I look around and see the pictures and furniture of the living room also a set of stairs to the left by the entrance of the kitchen. I started to calm down until I heard two frantic pair of feet racing down the stairs. On instinct I hide behind Melissa and start to breathe more heavy in panic. I guess Melissa noticed I was shaking because she sent me a reassuring smile. I looked over her shoulder to see two boys. They looked my age, the tan one would have to be Scott and the pale,buzz cut boy must be Stiles. Melissa tugged my arm forward lightly in a way to say introduce yourself. I took a step out and took a deep breathe before I spoke quietly.

"H-Hi I'm K-Katie. You must b-be Scott and s-Stiles?"

They both nodded with wide smiles plastered over their faces. Stiles then sprung forward with his hand raised so I flinch and step back. When I looked back I see his hand was out for me to shake it and his once cheery smile was replaced with a look of sadness. Before I could say anything he spoke.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Stiles and I just wanted to meet my new sister. "

With that he sent me another lopsided smile that made him look like a goofy looking puppy. I nodded hesitantly and send him a small smile. His wide smile returned and fist pumped the air at his progress which made me flinch and whimper softly again. When he noticed he looked really guilty but was pushed back towards the stairs by Melissa. She said something into his ear but I wasn't paying them any attention. My focus was on Scott who stood about three feet away from me and smiled kindly at me. I smiled timidly back and did an awkward wave before he spoke gently.

"So you're my sister. I've always wanted a sister. You're very beautiful by the way. That's not weird to say to your sister right?"

I laugh lightly at his confusion but shook my head anyways. He sighed in relief then nodded towards the couch.

"Want to sit down and get to know each other? I don't know how this really works to be honest because I've never had a sister."

I nodded and sat down. I got the same feeling again, the same feeling of safety with Scott as I did with Melissa. Once we sat down Scott sat right next to me when Stiles walked over to sit on the other side of Scott, almost as a physical wall between me and Stiles so I wouldn't feel scared. For another two hours the three of us talked and got to now each other until Scott asked if I wanted to see my room. I nodded and followed them both up the stairs until we reached a door with a small hanging sign that said "Katie's room" on it. Before they opened the door Scott spoke.