6.

It was about nine in the morning when I woke up

It was about nine in the morning when I woke up. A groggily opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar room. I peered around to see a burnt and charred room. Some stuff was untouched but others were to far gone to save. I go to sit up some but I'm pulled back down to the bed by a pair of strong arms. I panic for a moment before feeling the soothing crackles against my waist. I turned over to see Derek sleeping peacefully with his arms wrapped protectively around me.

I smiled to myself before cuddling back into him. Not even ten minutes after I heard him groan lightly but chose to leave my eyes closed. I felt him brush the hair from in front of my face then bend down and whisper into my ear.

"You're awake. "

Sheepishly I open one eye and look up at him with a sly smile finding its way to my lips. He was looking down at me with the same mystery look he always does yet I still can't place it to an emotion. He chuckled as I snuggled my head back into his chest,vibrating my forehead.

"Mornin' " I mumbled to his chest,coming out with my hidden southern accent. He looked down at with a confused gaze causing me to blush.

"What's with the accent?"

"Um. I'm f-from the sout-th so I have a slight ac-cent. "

He nodded with a smile on his face before getting up and disappearing downstairs. I also got up and grabbed a black shirt from on top of his dresser before heading down too. When I get there I threw him his shirt which he caught and quickly slid it on.

"Could y-you drive me home so I can change? I've g-got school. " I sheepishly asked.

He chuckled then nodded and we hopped into his Camaro. We arrived at my house and I thanked him before quickly running up into my room, changing, grabbing my stuff then heading back outside. He was still waiting there and yelled out the window that he was gonna drive me.

Once we arrived I had to head to the lacrosse field to meet up with Scott and Stiles but before I got out Derek stopped me.

"I'll see you later alright? And if you need me just yell. " he said with total seriousness and sincerity. I nodded with a small smile in my face before darting out of the black car and to the field.

I arrived and sat down just as coach told Jackson to grab a different stick. The practice was going good other than the coach making some guy named Greenberg ran a lot. But then he called on Scott to play next. I leaned forward, ready to stop him if anything happened.

He started to run but I knew he was distracted because Jackson pushed him down with ease. I heard Jackson ask Scott if he wanted to still be on first line in a cocky manner which got my blood boiling. Coach approached Scott and started to insult him and both Stiles and I could tell this wasn't going to end well.

I knew Scott was gonna change since my whole body went ridged. Scott got up and when he went again, he hit Jackson so hard that he looked to have broken his shoulder. I jumped up and sprinted over to Scott along with Stiles. We grabbed onto his jersey and try to check him over.