12 - The Unexpected

Tom got home and took his currently used phone from his bedroom to text Edd.

"Hey Edd. When's dinner planned?"

Edd didn't reply right away, so Tom used the time to fill his metal flask with vodka.

"How does 7:30pm sound?"

"I'm good with that time."

"Do me a favour a wear something nice, would you?"

Tom pondered on why Edd would want Tom to wear something nice, as this was just a dinner to catch up with each others lives, but he shrugged it off. "Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Thanks, Tom. :3"

"Lame."

Tom looked at the time on his kitchen microwave. 6:17pm.

He went ahead and got into the shower, blow dried his hair, and dressed in black dress pants, black converse, a long sleeve blue button up, and a black vest completed with a black tie. Tom settled on only a couple silver hoops in his left ear cartilage and a stud in the right side of his nose.

He checked the time on one of his phones, finding that it was 6:57pm. He took both phones - in case Tord needed something - and headed out, beginning the 30 minute walk to Bob's Diner, letting his mind drift away.

After a half-hour of day dreaming and story planning, - Tom had multiple stories in mind, one of which he really wanted to make, called CRASH ZOOM - he finally arrived at the diner. He walked in to see Edd waving ecstatically at Tom.

Tom walked over and realized right then and there why Edd wanted Tom to dress nicely.

"Hey, Tom! You remember Kevin from the dating website we set you up with, right? Well, he wanted to go on another date with you! Isn't it great Matt?" Edd turned to his husband. "Tom's found someone for him!"

Matt looked down at Edd and kissed his forehead. "Yes, it is great. Our son, Tim will be happy with Kelvan."

"Well, let's go now! We don't want to take away from their time together!" Edd pulled Matt up as they left the seats and walked out of the restaurant.

Tom sat down and looked at his hands, which were sat on the table.

The two sat in silence for a bit. "Did he just call us Tim and Kelvan?"

"He's a bit dim-witted."

Kevin laughed and picked up both of Tom's hands and kissed them. Tom couldn't help, but to feel disgusting as he was just with Tord, his past boyfriend.

"Tell me this, Tom."

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever had a break-up that was hard on you?"

Tom was surprised at this question. "Why?"

"I just want to know more about you."

There was a silence that lasted for a few moments. "Yes... "

"Will you tell me about it?"

"Um... "

"Come on, Tom. I'd love to know, so that I don't end up breaking your heart."

Tom pulled his hands away from Kevin and pulled his flask from the inside of his jacket, taking a swig. He was freaking out. He did not want to have this conversation.

Kevin took the flask from Tom and smelled it's contents. "You drink?"

"I may have a slight alcohol problem." Tom took the flask back and put the cap back on, setting the flask back where it was.