The CPS

House To House

(1) The CPS

Michael

I awoke in my single bed to a rather loud crash, sounding like someone falling to the ground. I got up off my bed, straightening my greasy hair that hadn't been washed in months. Dad didn't think it was necessary, so I didn't bother protesting, I knew it would only get me hurt. I clutched Daniel, my stuffed lion closer into my chest, as I plucked up enough courage to go downstairs. tears threatened my eyes as I made a wild grab for the staircase banister in the dark, the wound from the rolling pin whack still paining my side. I knew mummy didn't mean to hurt me. she told me she had impulse control disorder, but never told me what it meant. Dad too. I slowly padded down the staircase, being careful not to make to much noise, incase everyone was asleep. "Mummy?" "Daddy?" I heard someone cry out from the living room downstairs, and a light flicker on. when my eyes adjusted, I could see both Mummy and Daddy sitting at the table with two men dressed in white. "what's going on?" I became alarmed, seeing tears threatening Daddy's eyes, and Mummy sobbing into his arms. "w-whats happening?". One of the men came over to my side, trying to pull me into a hug, but I ran over to both of my distraught parents. ""D-don't touch me, you made Mummy and Daddy cry". "hey, hey, little man, I'm Decker, we just want to take you to a safe place, where your parents won't hurt you". "they never mean to!" I protested, my little white fingers becoming pink at how much I was clutching the lion to my chest. "no". "I want to stay with mummy and daddy, why did you make them cry?" I felt tears welling up in my own eyes. "i don't want to". I repeated, a tear rolling down my pale cheek. "c'mon little man". the other one made a grab for me, but I was too fast for him, ducking under the dining room table, holding onto Daddy's leg like my life depended on it. Dad loosened my grip, and pulled me up onto his lap. "the man's right". He sighed, his words obviously insincere and forced. "Go with him, he'll find you a family that won't hurt you". "B-but you and Mummy never mean to hurt you". "c'mon champ, the mans right".

That was the last memory I ever had of my family as a whole, before being put in the back of a truck with "CPS" written on the side.

that was ten years ago.
Notes
Why am I starting a new story even though I have final exams coming up, really bad grades and swim team twice a day for 3 hours each time? Beats me.

-CM