I'm Not Normal

(12) I'm Not Normal

As the day began to get moving, my alarm made a horrifyingly loud beeping noise signal the time for me to get up and start doing something productive, but honestly, I just wanted to lie in bed and do nothing all day, but I knew I couldn't.

I rolled over to my side, hitting my hand over the clock to stop the awful racket, and sat up in bed. "Are you awake?" I called out to Michael in the dimly lit room. "Michael?" I asked.

No reply.

When I listened a little harder, I could hear the feint sound of sniffling in the background, and I then came to the awful realisation.

Michael was crying.

I shook my head.

I couldn't have been that awful to him that he would want to cry, could I?
I didn't know what to do. Due to my self-induced lack of friends, I had no idea how on earth I was supposed to calm a person down. It was at that moment I realised how lonely I really was.
I got up off my bed, the cool winter air hitting my skin instantly, the warm comfort of being in bed fading away slowly.

"Michael, are you alright?" I asked.

Nothing.

'that was a pretty stupid question' I told myself.

What was I supposed to say?, 'sorry for making you cry?'

I sighed, sitting down on his bed.

He couldn't see me, his face was buried into the pillow, and his legs were in the fetal position, so he couldn't feel me sitting down.

I slowly put my hand on his back, and he jumped up in a panic.

Finally, his red eyed, tear stained face came into view.

I slowly pulled him into a hug and ruled his back.

"It's okay". I reassured him.

His breaths came in short gasps, and every time I touched a certain spot on his side, he began to whimper.

I was confused; I didn't know what was going on.

"What are you crying about?" I asked.

I suddenly became aware of the time, and tried speeding things up a little.

"You know, we could always talk about this over dinner?" I offered.

Michael responded by latching onto me even more, tightening his grip to the point where I was having trouble breathing normally, but I let it be.

He was in physical and emotional pain.

"Why can't i-i j-just be n-normal?". He stuttered out.

I could feel my heart breaking into a million pieces.

Michael didn't think he was normal.
Notes
I call this the "Fucc I'm bad at updating" Chapter

Guys i've been so stressed with my training lately, final lifeguard exams next tuesday determine if I'm going to be able to get my bronze medallion, which is basically a matter of if i'll have a career for my life, so please, bear with me guys. :)

-CM