A lone Vulcan.

[A/N] Just to say I do not own any of these characters other than Cara, which is my character because I am bored of using my own name. This fanfic also does not contain Lieutenant Uhura, sorry. But please, I hope you all enjoy this and.... yeh. have fun reading. xxxxxx :D

Chapter 1

"Cara!" my mother's voice rang throughout the house. "Cara! Get up! You have school!" Great another day at school, just what I need.

"I am up mother!" I yelled back, hauling myself out of the bed. I pulled on my uniform and left my long brown hair down, it fell to my mid back, but I just use it to hide my ears. My friends Shannon and Chloe tell me that I should be proud of my heritage. I am but pride does not necessarily need to be shown in physical appearance. I walked downstairs only to be marched back upstairs by my mother who insisted I put up my hair 'like a normal Vulcan'. I walked back down the stairs, ate my breakfast and walked out of the door to meet Shan  and Chloe. "Hey guys"

"Hey" the said in chorus, as we were walking, I pulled my hair down so that my ears were once again covered. "You know, your mum will kill you if she knows you do that" Chloe said indicating my hair.

"Yes, but however my mother is not here and putting it up again would be illogical."

"How?"

"Well we would have to stop while I put it up and then we would be late and that would violate at least two school regulations."

"oh well live on the edge."

"I cannot, you know well we Vulcans are compelled to follow rules and regulations, however we are good at finding loopholes in the rules."

"Then there must be one. is there one? if there is, I also know that Vulcans cannot lie and you would have to tell me of there was."

"Just because we cannot lie does not mean that I have to answer your question." I looked at her, I knew she really wanted me to put it up, so I gave in. "Fine. I will put it up at break"

As we walked into the school I was met by the usual insults but I just shut my emotions away and walked on until we made it to my form class. My form tutor Mr Salisbury is understanding of my predicament, he is one of the people who accepts Vulcans in society. He is even promoting that humans befriend Vulcans, well 70.4% of people accept Vulcans but the rest. I don't even care to think about them. "Sir?" I questioned him. "I was wondering if I may ask you a question"

"Of course"

"I have not told anyone else about this so please do not tell anyone, not even my parents."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Next year I am enlisting in Starfleet"

TBC xxxxxxxxxxxx