Part 7

I walked back to my room and was shortly met by Chloe. "Uh. hey Chloe. How was your first day?"

"Good thanks. How's things with you and Mr Spock. You can't lie to me, remember."

"Yes I know Vulcans cannot lie. I guess, you would say we are dating."

"Oh my god. You? and Mr Spock?"

"Yes. Why do you seem so surprised?"

"I guess that it is because you two are both so plain. What do you see in him?"

"He too is only half Vulcan he has had a tough upbringing. He is logical but when alone will show some emotion. As you pointed out earlier he is also highly physically attractive."

"So you two have quite a bit in common."

"Yes we do. Have you met him yet?"

"No not yet. I'll meet him when he comes down to med bay."

"I'll call him down." I pulled out my communicator, "Spock?"

"Spock here. How may I help you?"

"I have someone here I would like you to meet."

"I will be down as quickly ad I can. I must be present on the bridge when we launch tomorrow, and while we are making preparations. I am able to come down now though as I have no more duties to perform for now."

"Thank you." I turned to Chloe who just smiled at me. I will never understand humans obsession with other peoples relationships. I turned as I heard someone approach the door. I opened the door before they had a chance to knock. "Mr Spock." I greeted. I turned back to Chloe, "The benefit of having these." I pointed to my ears causing Chloe to laugh slightly. "Mr Spock. This is Dr Short. I thought she would be useful with our matter of Pon Farr."

"What about Dr McCoy?"

"He too is of great help but I feel that someone who knows me, like Dr McCoy knows you, would be of help too. Especially when it comes to diagnosing the changes in character."

"That is a very logical idea." He looked over my shoulder. "Dr"

"Mr Spock. I hear that you are planning on spending Pon Farr with my good friend Cara here."

"Yes. It is the most logical thing to do. You see, during the mating process the two Vulcans can surpress the effects in the other by the telepathic bond that the two Vulcans share. However to establish the strongest bond two Vulcans must commit a sexual act with each other. Preferably before the Pon Farr starts in order to have the greatest effect to calm the other."

"So how and when do you intend to do that?" She turned to me. "Could Mr Spock and I talk for a minute?" I nodded and walked out of the room.

Chloe's P.O.V

Mr Spock looked just like Cara. Pointy ears and sloped eyebrows. For a Vulcan I can tell why she finds him attractive. He does have a well shaped face. They just met today and are already thinking about. That? "Mr Spock?"

"Yes Dr."

"Tell me honestly are you at all attracted to Cara?"

"You know well we Vulcans cannot lie, yes I am. She is beautiful. We have had the same sort of problems in our past. I would bore you about how we Vulcans like a particular shape of eyebrow amd ear, beacuse to us they all have a different look. She is perfect, I would not wish to spend my Pon Farr with anyone else."

"You intend to partake in sexual acts with her?"

"Yes that is what must be done. Or else we will both die. I don't think you want that. Do you?" To me it just feels wrong. Isn't he just basically using her for sex.

"No I just feel kinda protective over her. I have been there for her when everyone else tormented and abused her."

"I will not hurt her. Even after the Pon Farr has ended. On average 87.3% of Vulcans stay with the person they experienced their first Pon Farr with."

"Then why are you not with the person you had your first Pon Farr with?"

"They are no longer with us. They were killed in the destruction of Vulcan."

"Oh I am sorry. You may leave if you wish. I just wanted to know wjat you were planning." I asked Cara to come back into the room.

Cara's P.O.V

I wonder what they were talking about. I intend to find out, I will go through her mind while she is alseep. As I was stood in the doorway Spock walked out his hand brushing mine lightly as he passed. I intend to get time alone with him, especially when our emotions become heightened and then we can see how eachother actually feels. I have never formed a bond with another Vulcan before, I have managed to establish one with Chloe and Shannon as we are all very close but the bond that Spock and I require must be sexual. That is what i am most nervous about.

well thats it for now. Live long and prosper xxxxxxxxxxx