Chapter 21 - Nico's POV

Hey Guys! ThatDamPJO here, just a few odds and ends and some stuff I'd like to answer just before the chapter starts (You can skip these if you'd like, but there could be something important that you needed the answer for!)

1) Yes, I am aware that my writing style has changed, and that I've been uploading less frequently.
2) "good story upload more!" Trust me, I want to, but my life has been kind of hectic lately, but I do have a couple of drafts saved.
3) !!THIS STORY WILL GO UNDER MAJOR EDITING WHEN IT IS FINISHED!!! Back 2 years ago when I started this story I never thought it would get over 100 views so I didn't really bother to edit and filter what I said, so when I (soon) finish this story, the first couple chapters will go under major editing (everything about them are cringeworthy)
4) please, please PLEASE leave comments, opinions or even constructive criticism below! I love to hear from whoever is reading this story, because although sometimes I don't reply I see all of your little comments:)
5) *anything else you need answered just comment below and I'll get back to it asap*

One year later.

"Hazel? Hazel!" I cried out. No response. I saw her lying on the ground, barely breathing. "Hazel, please! You can't leave me, not like this!" I sobbed. Her eyes started to glaze over. She was dying. "Will! Will help me!" I yelled out to Will, and he came rushing over. "Oh my god, Nico what happened?" "I don't know! She just collapsed" I replied, Will noticed the worried expression on my face, and scooped Hazel up carefully to bring her to the camp medical centre.

I met up with Will there, and saw that he was working on Hazel, but I could tell by the look on face that something was wrong. "I don't know what's wrong with her" his brow furrowed. "I'll try feeding her some nectar and ambrosia, and keep her stable" he added. I nodded, worried.

-

I went to visit Hazel, it's been 3 days since she collapsed, and Will mentioned that she was awake, but barely.

"Hazel! What happened? Everyone is so worried!" I expressed. She started to cry. "Nico, I'm so sorry. I knew that this would happen, I tried so hard" she sobbed. "Woah, slow down. Tell me what happened"

She explained to me that a year ago when she met with Anastasi about Percy, Anastasi said that Hazel could manipulate the mist, and bring Percy back. But there was a catch, unless she could find Percy's body, she would have to hold up the mist, and that would drain her, and eventually kill her from exhaustion. Then she said something that sent chills down my spine, as I remembered how I said the same thing.

"A soul for a soul, a soul that has cheated death".