cнapтer 5

" The time of war is now upon you.... what are you willing to sacrifice to save the ones you love?"

"Everyone hurry up and get ready! This isn't a drill! You've all trained for this!" One of the squad leader's yelled as we filled our gas tanks. I stood next to Armin as he shakily refilled his tanks. He began to shake uncontrollably and muttering words under his breath.

"Armin!" Eren shouted as he and Mikasa had come running over. I moved over as they began to try to calm him down. I felt as if I didn't belong here, watching them interact with each other, it just reminds me of how i really never belonged..

"Little one," I snapped my attention away from them and over to Reiner who made his way over to me, along with Bertholdt who wasn't far behind.

"Yes?" I answered as I met them half way.

"You need to be more careful!" Reiner snapped as he thumped me in the forehead. I held my head and glared up at him. Bertholdt had moved over to my side and looked down at me.

"Ow! what was that for you brick house!" I growled at Reiner.

"Connie and Thomas told us what happened.... Zoie you need to be more careful..." Bertholdt whispered causing me to look over at him. I growled as I looked at both males.

"Zoie, you need to realize that you're too weak to be doing all these reckless things!" Reiner scolded.

"I'm not weak! I'm sick of everyone thinking i cant do anything! why don't you worry about yourself for fuck sakes!?" I snapped as I stomped pass them and toward the tanks. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I placed new tanks in the gear. And with that I left the room and went to go join the others.

"Why did it have to be day, I'm supposed to go into the interior today!" Jean groaned as I got outside. I marched over there and grabbed his collar, slamming him against one of the pillars. He grunted loudly as he looked into my eyes.

"Are you seriously fucking complaining?! GOD YOU MAKE ME SICK YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" I yelled causing Marco and Connie to pull me off Jean. I finally let him go and shook off both males.

"Zoie Vargas!" I turned around and noticed a squad leader jog over to me. I saluted as he stopped in front of me.

"Yes sir?" I asked him as I let my arm fall to my sides.

"I need you to go with Jaeger's squad, they need of one more person, I was going to move you to the rear but they already moved Mikasa there." He said. I nodded as I walked over to where Eren and Armin were.

"Zoie?" Armin said causing me to look over at him. I was pulling my hair up in a ponytail when everyone noticed I had join their group.

"Well what are you all standing around for! Lets go!" I snapped as I walked to where the squad leader had assigned us to.

*Time skip*

"Zoie are you really joining the Survey Crops?" Armin had asked as we began taking off. I nodded as I looked forward when I noticed a large figure rush toward us.

"EVERYONE GET OUT OF THE WAY" I yelled as I zoomed pass the clock tower, I launched my hooks into the wall of a home, and noticed everyone followed suited. I looked over at the tower and noticed a very skinny titan was hugging it, when it moved it's face and looked toward us, I realized something was in its mouth.

"Where's Thomas?!" Nack yelled, and thats when I realized what the titan was holding in its mouth. Thomas gave us a sheepish smile and before anyone could react, the titan swallowed him whole.