💁 Competition?💁

Y/n's POV:

"Babe!" I called from the living room, Jadir's phone in my hand. "You're phone's ringing!"

"Answer it!" He responded from the kitchen. He lost a bet expecting that the Hornets would win against the Bulls, so he's making me breakfast. I noticed that this number was blocked. I pressed the green icon at the bottom of the screen and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Said a feminine voice.

"Excuse me, may I ask who's calling?"

"Is this Jadir's phone?"

"Bitch, I asked who's callin', so you better answer."

"Hold on, hold on, I got this, Y/n," Jadir assured, approaching the couch. "Janae, what the hell do you want? I blocked yo' number for a reason."

"I just wanted to check up on you. You're acting like we can't be friends because of that one incident."

"No, we can't be friends. Period."

"Oh, I see. You done got yo'self a lil' shortie, huh? One of your little hoes? You know how--"

"No, Janae, she ain't my shortie. She sure as hell ain't no ho either. She's my wife, so regardless of whether we're​ 'friends' or not, you need to have respect for her."

Being the Mrs. Dramatic I was, I took a moment to lean back in the chair with my hand over my chest. I couldn't say that I was impressed by Jadir defending me, 'cause that's what I expected him to do, but damn, could he preach!

"Respect? You wanna talk about respect? You didn't respect my wishes when I told you not to come over because I needed time alone."

"I came over 'cause I cared, first of all. Second, you weren't alone at all, you were with some other nigga that obviously didn't give a damn about you when he ran off like a scared puppy after sex! Now, you're just bitter, tryin' to start shit all because the last time you ever got dick, it was served cold by a Coke head. Don't you try to flip the script on me."

"That's not even true."

"Nope, nope. You want to settle this so badly, so why don't we meet up and settle it, just so that it can be clear to you what I'm saying?"

"I got the message."

"Cool. Now, don't call my phone no more, and I fuckin' dare you to try to put her name up in some shit. Bye, for the last goddamn time."

After he hung up, I pulled him into a hug. This one wasn't just of accomplishment, but of motivation to keep going. He's told me about this girl before, but he didn't want to get emotional again about the disloyalty in their past relationship on her behalf.

We all have had those moments when things from the best try to get the best of us, and I've had more than my fair share of emotional build ups and breakups. I was proud of him for sticking up for me like that.

"It's gonna be okay, baby. You know that nothing can break us up, right?" I asked, gazing into his eyes, holding his hand. "Damn right. I'm just tired of this shit. I'm working hard, getting right, and she still tries to ruin it for me."

"It happens, it happens... You also know that our marriage lasts 'til death do us part, so if those are my pancakes burnin' up on that stove, I'm gonna have to kill you," I joked, pushing him in the direction of the kitchen again.

I wasn't going to forget about this girl, that's for sure. I wrote down the number, just in case.