~ Chapter Eighty-Three: Well...Whoops... ~

Okay. Strange memories and vague past lives turned aside, having the power of so-called reflection was still pretty damn awesome.

I still had to adjust when my power was active, since I realized that connecting with each person brought different feelings and effects, catered to whomever I was connected to at the time. But wow, now that I was consciously learning how to use it, it felt amazing.

Connecting with Luhan is like wandering into a peaceful garden. A quiet, serene paradise that was made just for me. It was a strange sensation to try to explain, but it felt so invigorating. Even though the air was still, I could hear a million and one voices that were so soft, it sounded like all of them were singing a lullaby. It was pretty amazing, how beautiful a human mind is, how it could be powerful and fragile at the same time.

Can you hear me, Jae?

Luhan's voice seemed celestial, but I knew that he was close by.

I can. What am I supposed to be looking for?

Luhan laughed and I felt warm and pleasant inside. I had to remind myself that we were in each other's heads now. I've given him full access in order for him to be able to try to see if he can read or hear what else the dagger had in store for us.

Right out of the gate, huh, Jae? Don't worry, I just need you here with me, that's enough.

So, I'm here for moral support, huh?

Amongst other things, he said, but didn't clarify.

Should I worry? I prompted and heard him laugh again.

I wanted privacy, he stated a bit too boldly and it nearly made me want to break the connection with him.

Privacy? What do you mean, privacy? I demanded.

Not like that! came Luhan's immediate reply. I meant to say that it didn't seem fair that we were the only ones to gain back our personal memories while you still don't know who you are, not really, at least. I thought that maybe by connecting simultaneously with you and the dagger, I might be able to unlock more memories, he explained. Though, if you want to have some privacy for other reasons, I won't complain either, he added teasingly after a brief pause.

I wish I was physically able to pinch him, but here, in the void, the closest thing to reprimanding him was simply imagining my hand slapping his face.

Ouch, that hurt, I could actually imagine him pouting at me.

Served you right!

He chuckled. Fair enough. Can you feel that, Jae? The energy of the dagger? he then asked as I forced myself to get serious again.

It's very faint, I said, trying to grasp onto it.

Don't link with it, Luhan warned. Just listen to it.

But it's not saying anything, I told him.

That's 'cause you're not trying hard enough to listen, he retorted. Concentrate a little harder for me, okay? I'll do the rest of the work. Let me try to turn on a light here, he then mused as I did my best to do as he told me.

I gasped softly when a brightness appeared and I was squinting, trying to see where I was. I felt around the odd, bright room until I bumped up against someone and a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

Ah, that's better. Found you, Luhan whispered, his smiling face appearing before me. I blinked in surprise since he looked so- for lack of a better word - angelic. There was a light that shone behind him, giving him a glowing aura and putting more shine in his sparkling eyes.