Long Distance Fathers

Fifteen minutes. Fifteen long minutes before the door bell rang. Olivia answered the door and sighed in relief. "Thanks for coming Bri." she said softly.

"Hey, you know better than that." Brian said pulling Olivia into a desparately needed hug.  "What's the matter?" he asked.

"It's Evan. She's so...here Ill let you see for yourself-Evan!" Olivia called.

Evan had been cutting herself and blissing out on the high when she heard her Mother call her. She tossed the razor and rag under her sink, pulled her sleeve down and left her bathroom. She walked into the living room and nearly fell over. "What the hell are you doing here daddy?" she blurted out.

"Evan Sophia watch your mouth!" Olivia said.

"Well excuse me but its awful convenient for my long distance father to pop up now. What? Did you call him?" Evan spat.

Olivia and Brian shared a look and then looked back at their child.

"Yes, your Mother called me. What's going on peanut?" Brian said.

"Oh well since I'm so suddenly important to you let me fill you in dad ...I got kidnapped and raped ! Mom is never home! And I've been cutting myself!" Evan shouted.

Brian turned towards Olivia, "Were you gonna tell me?" he asked.

"I thought I had a handle on it Bri. I didn't wanna bring you into it unless I had to." Olivia said defensively.

Evan watched her parents talk for a few minutes before getting irritated. "So, can I go back to my room now or what?" She asked. She didn't even want her Father there.

"This is how she gets lately." Olivia said. "All she does is stay in her room. She doesn't eat, she doesn't sleep..." Olivia's voice began to tremble.

"Don't talk about me in front of me like I'm not here!" Evan said.

"Ok, time out." Brian said. He bent down in front of Evan. "I know I'm not around like you want me to be and I'm sorry. I'm here now Peanut, so hows about we all go eat at your favorite spot?"

"You think one fuckin family meal is gonna make up for all this shit?!" Evan said.

Next thing she knew Olivia popped her in the mouth.

"I have told you to watch your mouth Evan!" Olivia said sternly.

Evan glared at Olivia.

Brian cleared his throat. "So are we going out or ordering in?" He asked.

"Evie, it would be really good for you to get out of the house..." Olivia said encouragingly.

"Fine. I'll go change." Evan said heading to her room. She was freaking out. She needed to figure out how to eat as little as possible without her parents catching on. Her life was in shambles. Her cutting exposed but still hers, for now. But the purging it was keeping her alive. It was her saving grace and she would hold onto it at any cost.