Chapter Four

Before I could stop the car my phone was ringing. "Hey Liam, could you answer my phone, I'm not sure who it is?" I asked him breaking the silence.

                "Yeah," He pressed the answer button and put it on speaker. "Hello?" he answered and I regretted telling him to answer the phone.

                "Hey man, how's the Payne train? Ahahahaha, Josh and I just came up with that one. But I'm serious, is he as dreamy as you describe-" I cut him off before he could say anything else.

                "Hey Niall, Liam and I are in the car, you're on speaker. Thank you for that. What did you really call for, or was that it?" I asked blushing and very angry.

                "Oh, I meant like not Liam, the other pain, the train that slammed into your house last year how is it? Um I better go sorry mate." I heard Josh laughing in the background and then the line went dead.

                "Sorry about them, I didn't think they would call me from the bus, they hate the bus, and that lame excuse, it was a lie, sorry I didn't mean for you to hear that." I tried to get away from this subject because now Niall had practically just told Liam I liked him.

                "So you must like me, I mean I know a lot of girls do, but you're the first guy. I mean don't let this make this friendship awkward, I mean I don't really know you but you're awfully cute. Why don't we go look at the team list together this morning when we get to school." He suggested and I was glad he wasn't making fun of me.

                "Yeah, of course, we're here, let's go." I said and I grabbed my bag and he got his and my face was slowly fading back to normal.

                We walked through the doors together and walked down to the locker court area. The list was up and I didn't really want to look so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

                "I'll look first ok?" He asked and I nodded to signal he should look. He turned and read the whole freaking list and turned around with a small smile on his face.

                "Well, I'm still the captain, and as captain, the newest member, being you, is now the co- captain. You made it!" he jumped up and down. How had I never noticed how gay he was before?

                "Really? And are you serious?" I asked in total disbelief. I was smiling like crazy and I couldn't control my happiness.

                "Of course, I watched you try out, not to be creepy or anything, but you were really good, and I did give the coach input on all the guy's try outs. I thought you were the best out of all the new guys and some of the old guys." He said and I was even more shocked and happy that I jumped up and into Liam's arms. I knew it was a bad idea from the moment he didn't hug back. But right as I was going to back away he pulled me closer.

                We were ripped away from each other by the early homeroom bell. I blushed yet again and this time so did he. "We should get to class, um thanks for making me co-captain. I'll see you after school to drive you home. Where should I pick you up?" I asked smiling like an idiot.

                "Um by the gym, the first footie practice is tomorrow just to tell you, see you later Harry." He said my name at the end, smiled and turned to go to homeroom. I started walking away and I just felt like I was just kissed by an angel. I swung my head around to watch him leave only to find him looking back at me, I blushed as did he and we turned back around and walked to my locker. I met Niall and Josh at my locker and theirs which were next to mine.

                "Hey, man, we are so sorry for what we said this morning, sorry if we got you embarrassed. I mean we really didn't think you would have Liam answer your phone or put it on speaker." Niall started speaking and I saw the apology coming.

                "Guys, don't worry, he didn't make fun of me. He also made me co-captain of the footie team since I made it and hugged me and turned around and looked back at me when I turned to leave." I squealed like a girl about what happened this morning.

                "OMG! For real? I mean can we just like gossip now? Now I can confirm you are completely gay." Josh mocked a girl obsessing over a guy which was pretty accurate to what I looked like.

                "Ok, ok, I know, I act gay, buy hey, I actually am. But do you think he likes me at all?" I asked honestly, I wasn't sure if it was just because we were both gay or if he actually liked me.

                "I mean I don't know, maybe, he seemed to like you yesterday, but I really don't know." Niall answered after he stopped laughing at Josh's impression of me.

                After lunch I went straight to Geography. I wasn't sure why, but I felt someone staring at me. The class started and Mrs. Rafter walked in and started talking. "Alright, since it is the end of the first marking period, we will be switching seats. Get up and come to the seat I assign you to." I picked up my bag and walked to the back of the huge room. It was a huge class and I didn't even know everyone who was in this class. She started calling names and soon I heard one that I couldn't believe. "Liam Payne, next to him, Harry Styles." She kept going after my name but I was zoning out. Liam was in this class? Why hadn't I noticed him before? Had he known that I was in this class? Oh well, I went over and put my stuff down and then sat down.

                "Hey, I wasn't sure if you were in this class, but hey, you are!" Liam whispered as I looked over at him and smiled.

                "Yeah, me either. Now we have a class together and not just footie." I said very shyly and it was pretty awkward as well.

                "I know, hey can I talk to you? It's important." He said getting a serious look on his face. I nodded and signaled for him to keep talking. "Well, you know how I told you I was gay? Well please keep it quiet, the footie players and the students don't really know that and they would think of me differently if they knew. Okay? I mean I wanted to tell you, and two of my closest friends know but I don't need the whole school up in my business." He finished, a part of me thought, well I should tell him the same thing, but the other was saying, he doesn't want anyone to know that he is gay, and I am close enough to him for him to tell me.

                "Yeah, of course, same with me, I only told my family and close friends the other day so, yeah." I responded and smiled at the end. He returned the smile like he always did.