Chapter Two

this was probably the most awkward thing I have ever had to do in my life. "Guys, I need to change, I look like a hobo, either stay in here or not, I'm stripping." I said and quickly after I tore off my sweat pants and t-shirt. This only left me in my boxers but the boys had seen me naked before so they stayed in the room. I went to my closet and grabbed some skinny jeans and pulled them on. Then I was searching for a somewhat attractive shirt to put on. I ended up putting on a plaid flannel leaving it open in the front and a plain lime green tank top on underneath. "Do I look hot? Or at least somewhat attractive?" I asked Josh and Niall hoping they would answer honestly and not laugh at me for being so desperate.

"Yes, you looked fine before but now, now you look like a freaking supermodel." Niall said sarcastically. I laughed it off and ran my hands through my hair a few times and looked myself down in the mirror.

"Let's go downstairs. They are going to be here soon. Come on, let's go." I said anxiously. I practically sprinted down the steps with Niall and Josh not too far behind me.

"Oh, Harry, I think I see the Payne's coming over across the street. Thanks for coming downstairs. I'll let them in; can you finish setting up the dinner table?" Robin said walking over towards the living room which was where the front door was located.

"Josh, Niall, come here now!" I screamed before Robin let the Payne's in. They came over and stood close so no one else would hear me. "Do not even think about saying anything to Liam about anything that I told you. I swear if anything comes out of your mouths you will be dead. Do you understand?" They were shaking their heads as the doorbell rang. Crap. "Remember do not say anything!" I whispered as I heard Robin introducing himself to everyone walking through the door.

The three of us walked out into the living room to greet the neighbors. "Well, this is my step-son and these two are his friends they are always here so I thought you could meet them too." Robin said pointing me out.

"Hello, I am Ruth, and these are my parents, and my older sister and my baby brother, Liam." The one girl said showing everyone in their family off and they all smiled.

"Why don't we sit down, I have dinner ready. Follow Harry and his friends into the dining room. I will bring dinner to the table in a minute." Gemma and Robin replied and went into the kitchen while Niall, Josh, and I took the Payne's to the dining room.

"Hey do you boys go to the same school? I think we were still in the same school district zone." Liam's mom said. We had all taken seats at the table. I was sitting next to Niall and Josh. Liam was sitting right across from me and I could feel him staring me down.

"Yeah, I have seen Liam around sometimes. You play footie right?" Niall asked, curse him for being so not shy.

"Yeah, man, do you play? I haven't seen you guys trying out this season. Oh wait I think I ran into you, Harry? Is it? Yeah I was leaving when you came in, the list of the team comes out tomorrow at school. Do you think you got in?" Liam said being really polite and unusually nice. I hadn't really ever seen him at school being mean to anyone. But I didn't really think he would be that nice to nerdy people but I guess he just acted all mean and tough around his footie friends.

"Yeah, I tried out, I don't know if I'll make it though, the coach seemed to like me alright but I don't think he thought I was that good." I said shyly. I felt myself blush but pushed it away and smiled and made very short eye contact with Liam but he smiled back.

"Well, I am the captain so at least you know me, if you make it ya know?" he responded kindly with a smile that made his eyes almost disappear. I needed to stop looking at him and start focusing on not making it too obvious that I was gay.

"So, we don't really know anything about you, how about a game of truth or dare after dinner?" Josh suggested and I was already regretting bringing them over tonight.

"Totally, that's one of my favorites, and I would like to get to know my neighbors better. You guys seem cool; I'm not sure why I haven't met you guys before." I couldn't believe he just said that.

*After Dinner*

"You boys can go to Harry's room if you want to." Robin said and suggested. Liam smiled and nodded and motioned for me and the other guys to lead the way to my room which was probably going to be a complete embarrassment.

"Truth or dare shall begin now!" Niall screamed as we sat down in my room. Liam smiled again and he sat on the chair I usually sit on so I was stuck on the bed with Josh and Niall.

"Ok, Liam you can go first, truth or dare?" Josh started because from the looks they were giving me they could tell I wasn't going to start.

"Truth, I'm not much of a dare kind of guy." He said, he was just like me.

"Ok, do you have a girlfriend?" Josh asked and I gave him the death stare. He just ignored me and looked back at Liam who was now blushing.

"Actually, I, uh, I'm, hm, I'm gay actually. I wasn't sure if that counts, but I don't have a boyfriend either. Ok, let me ask someone something, um Harry, truth or dare?" He admitted to us and immediately avoided talking about it.

"Truth, as well, I don't like dares." I said awkwardly because I had no clue what he would want to know about me.

"What is your sexuality? If you don't mind me asking I mean I just kind of told you mine so, yeah?" he said and I knew it was coming.

"Um, I'm gay, yeah" I said

A few more truths were asked and then Josh asked Liam again and this time he said dare. I wasn't sure why I trusted Josh to give him a clean dare, but of course I wasn't safe with them knowing everything.

"I dare you to kiss Harry."