One

Maria follows Mr. Swann up the stairs as he chats on and on about his daughter's dress and the upcoming ceremony for Norrington. He is a man who is determined to marry Elizabeth when she is half his age. Maria thought he is a bit.. well old for either her or Elizabeth. Maria, despite her being a common maid, is rather beautiful and is treated quite amazing at the Swan residence. Maria has tan skin, dark eyes, and long dark, almost black, hair. She's small, petite, and curvy. Maria, despite her being a maid, is treated as if Elizabeth was her sister and as if she too is the governor's daughter.

Another thing about Maria that is quite different is she dresses not like a maid should. Her clothes catch men's eyes and she dresses almost like a pirate. No matter how much Mr. Swann argues about how she dresses, the young girl still dresses all the same. At the moment she's dressed in a royal blue cotton shirt, the puffy short sleeves resting off her shoulders, and a long black cotton skirt that falls on an angle so her left leg is totally covered, while her right is almost all the way exposed. She has knee high leather black boots. She wore leather band bracelets about five inches up her right wrist, while the other had a simple copper Compass Rose tied to a black band around her left wrist. Her locket that holds another compass rose inside and an description from her parent, rests under her shirt hidden from view between her breasts because the cover of the locket is a skull and cross bones surrounded by sea shells and sea waves, a sure sign of a pirate. The compass was at least two or three inches thick and made of pure silver, if anyone saw it she would be hanged and the piece would be sold for a pretty penny.

Maria never met or knew her parents, but she knew well enough that at least one was a pirate. Maria keeps this a secret knowing how this place feels of pirates. In some ways Maria wishes to meet her parents, but in another she wants to never meet the people who gave her away. "Still a bed at this hour." Mr. Swann's voice brings Maria out of her thoughts. She looks over and smiles at Elizabeth.

The other maid opens the curtains as Maria holds out a box to Elizabeth with a smile. "Good morning, Beth." Maria says, causing Elizabeth to smile.

"I have a gift for you." Mr. Swann adds with a smile of his own.

"Good morning, Maria." Elizabeth greets cheerfully as she opens the box. "Oh, it's beautiful." She looks at her father as she holds the dress up to herself. "May I inquire as to the occasion?"

"Does a father need an occasion to dote upon his daughter?" He counters as Maria smiles. She knows exactly what the occasion is and she knows Elizabeth won't like it. Elizabeth moves behind the curtain and Maria helps her into the dress. "Well actually." Maria chuckles and pulls the strings back. "I had hoped you might wear it for the ceremony today." Elizabeth glances back at Maria questioningly.

"The ceremony?" She asks.

"Mmm Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony." Maria smiles.

"I knew it." Elizabeth sighs.

"Commodore Norrington, as he's about to become is a fine gentleman, right Maria?"

"Well I dare say I have no opinion on such matters, sir." She says with a smile as Elizabeth glares right at her.

"He fancies you, you know." Mr. Swann tells his daughter as Maria pull back even tighter for the dress to fit right, which causes Elizabeth to gasp in surprise.

"Sorry, it has to be this tight or it won't tie." Maria whispers an apology.

"Elizabeth, Maria, how's it coming."

"It's difficult to say." Elizabeth says breathlessly.

"I'm sorry, Beth, it has to be this tight." Maria whispers to Elizabeth, causing Elizabeth to give a shaky nod.