Two

Maria sits in the nook of her bay window, sitting on her window bench seat, and thinking about what has occurred today. Maria is now dressed in a nightgown, something Mr. Swann orders her to wear for bed because she normally likes sleeping nude, something about it feel more natural.

Maria's mind keeps going back to the pirate, Jack Sparrow, no matter how hard she tries not to think about him. Something about the way he looked or the way he acted really got to Maria. Jack seemed like such an interesting person, the type that had could tell you the best stories and never run out of them. Maria loves adventure, but she loves hearing about them just as much. A pirate is bound to have good stories to tell especially Jack.

Jack was also rather handsome if Maria is bold enough to say, and she is always bold. For some reason just being with Jack for those short minutes seemed as if it was more natural than living in this world of hers for most of her life. Apart of Maria always believed that if she had still been with her parents that she would have became a pirate and she too would have sailed the seven seas looking for adventure.

Maria jumps as she hears cannons going off. "What in the world?" Maria looks out the window to see a ship close by land, shooting cannonballs at the fort. "Oh my god." Maria can tell quite quickly that the ship that is firing is a pirate's ship. The black sales with the white skull and crossbones are a dead give away. "Elizabeth."

Maria quickly leaves her room, heading down the hall to quickly see Elizabeth. She runs in the room and finds Elizabeth on the balcony. "Pirates." Elizabeth says as she sees Maria. "They're here." The two sees a bunch of pirates running to the door, causing their eyes to widen.

The pair runs down the hall, trying desperately to get there before the butler can open the door. Elizabeth is faster and soon she's far ahead of Maria. Maria is suddenly pulled into a room by the maid. "What are you doing?"

"We have to hide." She whispers. "They're coming and they're going to go after you and Elizabeth."

"Me?"

"You're the governor's adopted daughter, everyone knows how dear you are to him. You must hide."

"I can't just hide! Elizabeth is in danger than I need to-

"You are always so stubborn."

"I am not just going to hide." Maria repeats.

"I'm sorry." Maria looks at her confuse before suddenly the maid picks up the box, the one that sits on a dresser and is made for jewelry. The maid hits Maria in the head before Maria can stop her. "It's for the best."

~

Maria groans as she wakes up to the sound of groans and moans of pain. Maria opens her eyes and sees that she is in a medical ward, so many people are now laying in the beds and many are in deep pain. "Oh, Miss Barbossa you're awake. You only got knock out, hit your head pretty bad. How about you go on and change. These men needs beds and medical care.

"Of course." Maria says as she slips out of bed.

"The governor left some clothes for you over there." Maria walks over and finds another of her black skirts, her boots, her jewelry and dagger, and lastly a similar shirt that she wore yesterday, but in red. Maria changes quickly and heads out the door.

~

Maria finds the governor with the commodore and so of his men, they are looking over a map as she walks up to them. "Ah, Maria, it's good to see you up and about."

"Where's Elizabeth." Maria had went right home and found her no place to be found and the place ransacked.

"They've taken her. They've taken Elizabeth!" Maria turns upon hearing Will Turner's words and worry fills her.