Chapter One

I wake up six o'clock everyday to get ready. I get out of bed then go downstairs to eat breakfast, I then go to the bathroom to take a bath and brush my teeth. I then wear my everyday jeans and white t-shirt that says: More than Average. I then fix my brunette hair into my signature high ponytail, because it's where I'm most comfortable of.

That has been my morning routine every single day...

I can be one of those people you call boring, but for me, I'm just, normal.

Except maybe for my condition Photodermatitis, yeah. Try saying that ten times. That's my only difference from other teenagers. I'm not allowed to receive sunlight because of my condition. Which sucks, I know... But, I learned to live through it.

Since I can't go to school like normal kids, I'm home schooled. That's why I only have one friend. Her name is Jessica Williams (Jess for short). She has been my best friend ever since we were three. She's just our neighbor that lives next door,but since I have Photodermatitis, she's the one going in and out of our house, which is really sweet.

She has been like a sister to me, even though I have a little brother. His name is Jacob Caraway, I call him Jay for short. He is this shy little boy, he is always, always well-behaved. He is a really sweet kid, just seeing him smile makes me smile too. I love him so much, as much as I love my mom Miranda Caraway, and my dad Joseph Caraway. I love my entire family. I never left them, literally. I just stay in our house so I never get to leave them, not that I want to leave them... But sometimes, I just want- no, need to go outside, and see what it looks like in the morning. But of course, that'll never happen.

My homeschooling schedule starts at 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM in the afternoon. I get to have a break at lunch during noon. My teacher is Miss Angelica Morris. She is such a wonderful woman, I treat her like my own aunt just because she is so caring. She always gets to the point of our lesson, so even though I'm already a fast learner, I learn faster and easier thanks to her skills. She lives far from our neighborhood which makes me appreciate her efforts more. I heard that she also is a single mom, which really makes her amazing and wise.

I always feel so excited when it comes to school because in my opinion, I have the best teacher in the world. I'm not like the other teenagers who hate school and Mondays, in fact, I love them. So I wake up in a really good mood today, since it's Monday morning. While I keep waiting for Miss Morris, I just read my favorite collection of books of all time. I really love the Maze Runner Series. It makes me so pumped up. I have started reading since last year when the collection was bought for me during my birthday February 14th, I know, Vallentines Day. But this book really just means a lot to me, I love it so...

But today, after I just finnished Chapter 13 of Death Cure, I heard the doorbell ring. So I quickly ran into the kitchen away from the door, instead of running to the door. My mom then went to the door and greeted Miss Morris. Her dirty blonde hair is in a tight bun. She wears her usual white long-sleeve with a golden necktie which matches her navy blue blazer and pencil skirt. As always she quickly closes the door and greets me with a warm smile. I love it when she smiles at me like that, it comforts me. I slowly got out from the kitchen and went to sit down on our white sofa as I gaze into Miss Morris' bright blue eyes. It is really fascinating to look at, as if it holds all the answers to the questions of the Universe.

We sat down quietly and started our lesson. We have a quiz today so the night before, I reviewed. "So Maggie, have you reviewed for our quiz?" she asked me with her warm, beautiful voice. "Yes. And I am very much confident that I'm gonna ace this quiz!" I said with a confident tune in my voice. I hear Miss Morris laugh a little then head back to our conversation. "Let's get started shall we?" I gave her a nod.

*****

I was right before, I did ace the quiz. Which made me really happy.

After our lessons, Miss Morris gathered her papers and notebooks to head back home. Which really made me sad. I hate it when she leaves, I guess I just got really close to her... "Okay. So that's about it. I hope to see to tomorrow Maggie, Miranda. Thank you for your hospitality." Me and my mom gave her a nod. "Goodbye Miss Morris." "Goodbye. I hope to see tomorrow, again." Hope? What does that mean? Does it mean that she might not come back tomorrow? But I just pushed those thoughts away and gave her another nod then made my way back to my room. I opened a white door to my room. I saw my bed on the right side and a TV in front of it with game consoles and junk. In front of me is a large window with closed curtains. The curtains are golden with white polka dots. My bed sheet is plain white with a thick cyan blanket that has golden swirls. My carpet is beige, so it wouldn't get dirty that quick. So basically, my room is cyan, gold and white themed. A little messy, but in an organized way.

After dinner tonight, I get ready for bed. I then sink down on my bed, closed my eyes, then fell asleep.

I wonder how my day will be tomorrow.

*****

So what do you think so far? Is it good? Please let me know in your comments. Untill next week! 😁