Chapter Fifteen

I woke up groggy. I shifted on my bed, trying to get back asleep. I had a really tiresome night, a night that I will never forget. I still can't believe I'm part of the band.

Last night when I got home, safely, Zach called me and asked me if I was okay. The three words he said to me was enough to electrify me inside. I know I have to confess to him someday, I really just don't know when.

"Maria Abigail Stone Caraway! Get down here! It's pass 11 and you're still up in your room!" Uh-oh. It's mom. She seems really mad.....

"Uh... Coming!" I sleepily got out of bed, and ran as fast as I could downstairs. And I surprisingly didn't trip.

"Maggie, why are you asleep up to this late?" Mom has her hands on her hips, indicating that she's really mad. In some ordinary houses, the mother is the good cop, while the father is the bad cop. But not in this house. You would not want mom get mad, because she is worse than a father seeing her daughter dating without any permission.

"I can't sleep last night, so I stayed up late and played with my phone. Until eventually, at 3 AM, I fell asleep. At least that's what I remember." How did I came up with that excuse that fast? Well, you see, before I get home, me and the gang planned out reasons if a situation like this happens.

My mom nodded, but I can tell that there's still something that's bothering her, although I don't know what...

"Call your brother, he's upstairs in his room, playing with his toys." I did as she told and went upstairs. I opened the door to Jay's room, then an idea popped in my head.

"Jacob Adrian Stone Caraway, mother is calling you." I spoke in a brittish accent. And I know how much he likes this game. He quickly noticed me, and stood up. He bowed and I just laughed.

"Then I will go downstairs, to the dining hall, with you dear sister." Truth be told, he makes a great accent. I don't know how he got that talent at such a young age though. He can make different accents; Brittish, Irish, French, and Korean. He doesn't really know how to speak other languages other than english, but he makes great accents I tell you!

We went down together laughing at my horrible accent. Making accents was never my thing to be honest. I just like being myself, and expressing myself. But that doesn't mean that I can't be a bit closed off. You can call me an extrovert to be honest. I just don't have that many people in my life coz I'm not really allowed to go outside much. When we got down, mom is already setting up plates for lunch, which totally made me feel guilty. That should be my job, not hers. I know that she's worried about me, but I just have to be the secretive, selfish daughter that I am...

Jay must've sensed my worry because he tightened his grip on my hand. He smiled up a reassuring smile to me, and might I say, his smile is contagious, and he has the cutest smile. I smiled back then we sat down next to each other.

I grabbed one of the hair bands that I keep inside my pockets at all times, and put my hair in a ponytail. My hair is getting longer quickly, last time I remmeber it was only at my lower back, now it has just reached my hips. I yawned a little showing that I clearly just woke up. Dad sat down in front of Jay, while mom sat in front of me, clearly showing concern.

Before I could even grab my spoon, my phone vibrated. I checked it out and noticed that it was a text from Felix.

Felix: Hey Maggie ☺️. Just wanted to check on u. Did ur mom ask?

I quickly typed in a reply. Apparently, guilt doesn't stop me from having a huge appetite.

Maggie: Yeah, but I think she bought it. She looks flustered tho. Something's bothering her, I just know it.