Chapter Three

I slowly pulled the door without making a sound. Thank you. I don't know why, but I just said that in my head to the door. But when I closed the door without making another sound, I just realized that I have been holding in a breath. It's okay. Mom's not going catch you. She's asleep. I kept thinking the same thing as I get up the stairs back to my room.

I froze. I heard a very familiar voice as I was just about to grab the doorknob. "Where have you been?" Oh God. It's mom. She noticed that I was gone... I was really surprised how quiet, but clear her voice was. "Maggie. Where have you been?" She's slightly shouting this time. I gulped, loud, and I bet she heard that. "Oh, you know, just took a snack in the kitchen. I got a little hungry so..." Although I can't see her clearly in the dark. I still noticed her small smile. Why is she smiling? What's so funny? Does she know? Before I could say something, she said, "Of course you did. Now go to sleep. It's almost eleven-thirty." I quickly obeyed her then went back to my room.

Again, I didn't realize that I was holding my breath. So I let out a nervous gasp as I walk to my bed. Hopefully she didn't know. Or else I'm toast. I laid down on my bed. And before I even know it, I'm sleeping.

*****
I wake up with a load groan. Aw man, my head hurts... I can't stop thinking of the same sentence in my head,because it really does hurt. I guess I'm juat really not used to staying up too late in the night.

I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. Ah... Much better... The warm water falls on my face gently, going down to my legs then my feet. After I take my bath, I took my towel beside my shower curtain then got to my closet to wear my usual jeans and white t-shirt that says: "👍".

As I went down the stairs, I slowly remember what happened last night. How I snuck out, and met a police officer. And of course, I cannot forget the time when my mom caught me - shit! I almost forgot! Good thing she bought my story last night though... I think. When I got downstairs, I was greeted by the delicious smell of bacon.

"Good Morning Maggie. How did you sleep last night?" My mom's question surprised me, and caught me off guard so accidently stab my toe on the counter on my way to the kitchen. "Oh shhh... shoot!" That was close. I almost say a curse word with my little brother around. "What is it honey? Is something wrong?" "No, I'm fine. Just stabbed my toe." I said while hissing. "Oh! And to answer your question, I slept like a baby." I almost forgot to answer her question. Why is she asking me that anyways..... Oh no. I gulped with just the thought of her knowing my escape last night. Find a way out! Find a way out! Anyways... Miss Morris emailed me that she's going back but only half the day so, I was just wondering if she emailed you too. And if she did, did she say anything about our schedule?" Hope that's enough to change our topic completely. "Hmm... Now that you mentioned it. She did sent me an email. But she gave no schedule. I guess she's just going to surprise you." Why? Why would she surpise m - my thoughts are disturbed by the loud noise outside.

*beep. beep. beep

Sounds like a truck? The garbage truck? It's not supposed to be here until Saturday. Why's it here?

"Ow! Mom! " My mom shrieked so loud I think it broke my eardrums..." Sorry honey... But those are just our new neighbors!" New neighbors? Wait - hold on a second. What? "New neighbors? What do you mean?" I gave mom a confused look and so dis Jay. I mean, it's been a while since we had new neighbors. "I've been waiting for them! Honey, can you take care of Jay and your father for now? I'm just going to greet them!" I've never seen my mom so excited before... I guess she just really wants new friends. I head on to the stove to get the bacon and served some for Jay and my dad. My mom then quickly rushed to the door and closed it immediately while fixing her untamed hair. Hmm. I wonder how our new neighbors look like.

*****

After breakfast. I helped Jay with his lunch , again. And helped my dad pack his things up. My mom usually does these kind of stuff. But since she's busy with our neighbors, I took her place for a while. What's taking her so long? It's already been thirty minutes since she left. After I helped my dad and Jay, I gave them both a kiss goodbye just like what my mom does, and head on back to the kitchen to do the dishes and stay away from the light.

After another thirty minutes of waiting... My mom finally came back. "Hi mom. What took you so long?" I said while I was just finishing dusting the kitchen shelves. "Oh, just got something for you."  I can here her grinning, so I got really nervous. I turned around with an eyebrow raised and gasped. "Are they what I think they are?" I asked in an excited voice. "Yes! They're gonna put up CCTV cameras inside, and outside the house. The indoor cams are for security, also the outdoor cams. But the outdoor cams are mostly used by you, so you can see what it looks like outside during the day! Isn't this exciting?!" Her voice is so high pitched when she's excited, that even the men putting up the cameras cringed a little. "Mom that sounds awsome! I can't wait. So are you gonna like, connect it into my TV or something?" This is the best day ever. "Yes." said the man that was holding a tool box. "I can't wait!" "Okay! Let's get started boys." My mom said in a surprisingly calm voice.

Oh my God, finally!

*****

After eons, the boys are finally done putting the cams up. "Ugh. Finally." As I stood up, I also noticed that Miss Morris missed another class. "Umm. Mom? Where's Miss Morris?" I'm getting really worried now... "I don't know sweetie. Maybe she's just really busy. Doing, you know - stuff." She said that with a grin. Something is wrong... And I am to find out what it is... "Okay? Um mom? Can I try it out now?" She gave me another grin. "Sure honey! Let's try it out!" The men sighed with relief when they're finally done setting my TV up.

"Ok... Here goes nothing... ", I sighed. Everyone in my room waited with anticipation. Finally, after a minute or two... blink. It worked! It really worked! I can't help but burst out into a satisfied laughter, and so did my mom. Finally.

I sighed with relief.

*****

I'm so sorry that I didn't get to update yesterday...😬 Things just got busy... There just have been some technical difficulties... But anyways...

What do you think? Did you like it?! Please vote, or whatever. 😘

But seriously though. I still have a lot of ideas in my head going on right now, so, I'm still deciding of whatever's gonna happen next. 😶

But anyways, thank you so much for reading this book! 😁 And remember, I updated every Saturday! Tootles! 😘💕