An Elf's Determination, a Wizard's Hope

"Razi..."

In one of the inn's room, Eru's sitting beside of Razi's sleeping figure. It's been a full week after the fight with Viola. After Razi defeated Viola, one of the demon lord's generals, the mind control magic on the villagers and Eru was lifted. Lin informed the confused villagers and helped them out of the hole they were in.

"He's not heavily injured, but he's extremely tired. He should be awake anytime soon." Said one of the villagers' healers. "I see. I'm glad." The elf smiled as she looked down towards the bed where Razi is sleeping.

She realized. She realized that she wasn't much of a help. Not only was she not much of a help, she was also a burden.

"She's not my friend."

His words somehow stings. Elves has a great resistance to magic, so even though she couldn't control her body, she could still see and listen to everything around her at that time.

"Elder... How exactly can I help..? Razi is strong enough on his own..." Eru lamented.

"Has he woken up yet?" said a voice from the door.

"Lin? Well, as you can see..." Eru said as she looked at Razi. "How long can Mr. Razi sleep? Honestly..." Lin said as she took out her wand. She started chanting above Razi. "... Energize!" A yellow light surrounds Razi body before completely disappearing. "That should keep his body in check while he sleeps."

"Wow, you could also do light magic Lin?"

"Well, only a bit. My affinity is fire afterall." Lin giggled and blushed a bit at Eru's compliment."Ah, but Ms.Eru , you're an elf so you probably could do better magic than I can right?"

"Ah, yes... Supposedly."

"Supposedly?"

"Yes, unlike the other elves in my forest, I focused more on sword arts, archery and martial arts. That's why I could only use low level magic and some offensive wind magic." Eru looked at Razi again. "Maybe if I actually learned some magic, I could've resisted that mind control magic..."

"No, no, no! Don't feel bad, Ms. Eru! It's a powerful demon lord's general after all! I would've been done for if it weren't for Mr. Razi..."

"... Yeah, you're right. He's really strong isn't he?" Eru smiled sadly. '...What am I even here for, Elder?'

"Urgh..."

"?!"

Both of them jolted and looked at Razi as he sat up. "Hm? What are you looking at?" He said as he scratch his eyes. "Actually, where am I??" He yelled as he looked around.

"You've been asleep for a week after your fight with the demon general, Mr. Razi."

"Oh, just a week?" Razi laid his head back to the pillow. "Urgh... How bothersome."

"? What's wrong Mr. Razi?"

"I was lucky."

"Hm?"

"That fight, I was lucky." Razi said as he sat back up. "If that creep wasn't such a knucklehead, I would have lost then and there." Razi flicked his fingers and a glass of water appeared. 'I thought having the power to summon anything I imagine would be an easy win to defeat the demon lord, turns out I was wrong...' Razi thought as he drank the water.

"... Sorry." Eru suddenly said.

"? What are you sorry about?" Razi said as he put down his glass on the table at the other side of the bed.

"I said I would help you fight the demon lord... Yet I just got in your way." Eru said while looking down. 'And also...' Eru thought as she was reminded of what Razi said while she was mind-controlled.

"Hm? It's okay, who cares? Just don't eat anything from strangers next time." Razi said casually.

"But--"

"... You two are going to fight the demon lord?" Lin suddenly said.

"Yeah, that's why I'm here." Razi said. 'Well, kind of.'

"Could you be... The person who defeated the other general, Verde?? Who used the 'Meteor' magic?? The one they come to call 'The Lazy Archmage'??"

"Wait, wait, who spread that last part?" Razi sighed. 'Well, I know I'm lazy, but...' Razi thought as he glanced at Eru.

"Someone else must've saw you on the bed in the air that day."

Razi just sighed. "Lin."

"Yes?"

"... That's just a natural phenomenon."

"Yes?"

"Good, you understand." Razi nodded triumphantly. Eru just sighed. "But, yes. We're going to defeat the demon lord."

"I see...!" Lin suddenly bowed her head low. "Please ...Let me come with you!"

"Ah, sure."

"I know that I'm only a novice mage! And that I'll probably just get in your-- Huh?" She raised her head. "W-What did you say?"

"Sure, come."

".... Eh?! Just like that?" Lin yelled in surprise.

"Yeah, you kind of helped me defeat that creep from last time anyways." Razi casually said. 'Plus, these types of flags where they won't back down till you agree anyways...'

"But Lin... It will be dangerous you know?" Eru said as she got up from her chair, worried.

"I'm well aware, that's why..." Lin said as she lifted her head with determination. "I'll learn from Mr. Razi and become stronger!!"

"Ah, that one I have to refuse."

.....

"Eh?!!! Why?!!"

"It's bothersome!! Why would you suddenly ask someone you barely know to teach you anyways?!"

"But...! But...!!"

"No means no!! .... Oi, don't cry! You're a grown woman aren't you?!"

"But....! But...!!"

'What am I watching here...' Eru silently laughed. 'But, she's right...'

"Razi."

"Ah, Eru, tell her--"

"Train me too."

"WHY?!"

'The only way to become stronger is by learning from someone who's stronger than you. Of course, why didn't I think of this before?' Eru smiled. "I'll be in your care, Razi."

"Me too, Mr. Razi!"

"I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS, OKAY?!"  

Thus, the hellish training (for Razi) to defeat the demon lord begins.