Chapter 3

"Hey Dave!" I greet cheerfully into the phone. It's been 2 days since I've last had an encounter with Tyler and I've been in an eh mood. Sometimes I'll be happy and other times sad and depressed. It's weird. I mean, we've already established that he and I have a terrible relationship and yet there are times during the day where I randomly start to think about him. Terrible, I know.

"What's up weirdo?" I roll my eyes at his normal reply before flopping down on my bed.

"I don't know, however I had this really weird dream a couple days ago. My roommate got up and left without a trace. Jake and I aren't dating anymore, and oh yeah, Tyler Miller is my new neighbor. Weird dream right? Haha... It felt so real though." I close my eyes and mutter out, "cry."

"Well dang, you've lived an interesting dream. So, about the boyfriend part, are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just how could he not tell me he was super into Albert? I thought Albert was my friend too, but apparently he was as fake as a Barbie doll."

"Huh? But isn't Albert a guy... Oh, so Jakes gay, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so. But I'm okay; I guess I'm just still hurt over the fact that he didn't tell me! I had to catch him in a moment with HIM!"

"That sucks, you'll be fine, and you don't need him anyway. There are better guys out there, so many fish you just have to keep an open bait out at all times." I start to laugh.

"You're so funny; don't forget all of the fisherman and fisherwomen who want some too and will have better luck with it!" We end up laughing and talking about other stuff for a couple hours when I hear my doorbell ring. I decide to ignore it because I already know who it is.

"Is your doorbell ringing?" Dave asks. "Unfortunately. But I already know that it's Tyler and don't want to deal with him so... I'm just going to keep talking to you and let him ring his heart out. Because I don't care about him at all, he'd have to die before I'd waste brain cells on him." All lies Alex, all lies.

"So, Tyler Miller's back in town is he?" Dave says with a sigh. "Yep, and my neighbor, aren't I lucky." I said with my voice dripping of sarcasm. "Dave? Why am I so unlucky? Like everything bad happens to me."

"Who knows? This is life, weird stuff happens and then there's an outcome. Whether it's a good or bad outcome the future will tell and the way it fits into our life will make it good or bad. Like for instance, since school has let out for spring break now I have some free time on my hands. That's good for me. But now, I've decided to spend 3 of my 7 break days hanging out with you. That's a bad outcome."

"Hey! I thought you loved me! Hanging out with me is awesome! And that's a good outcome for me."

"Uh-Huh, sure. Exactly, good for you and bad for me. And who said I loved you hmm? Maybe I secretly despise you and wish you would never talk to me again because you're really annoying and talk too much on our every-other-week calls."

Of course me being me takes this to heart because A.) I can't see him so I can't tell if he's joking or not. And B.) That could honestly be true and he would want to leave me like everyone else. I stay quiet and don't say a word. I look around my room and stare at the ceiling.

"Hello? Alex, are you still there? I was kidding; you know I don't mind your talking, right?"

"Yeah." I say but still stay quiet. He groans. "It was a joke, I promise." "Okay." I say with a smile. "Blah blah blah boo-," I pretend to talk like a baby.

"You're so weird."

"Haha, I know. I'm a kid!"

"Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, weird kid." I roll my eyes even though he can't see me and roll over to my stomach and stare at the clock.

"So, when are you coming? I can't wait to hang out with you, it's been so long!"

"I'll see you in 2 days?" He asks over the phone, a bit hesitant most likely because he's always too considerate in planning.

"Yay!! I get to see you again! It's been months and we haven't done anything fun." I feel like he rolled his eyes on that last part.

"We saw each other last month you know." He said in a know it all voice.

"Eh, seems long ago to me. You know that no one really wants to hang out with me here. The whole something bad will happen to me if I hang out with the unlucky girl crap has followed me to college." I close my eyes and let the tiny wave of sadness roll through my body before becoming lively again.

"Yeah." He says with a wistful sigh. "I mean, I know your weirdness can scare off some people but like-"

"Hey! You're such a meanie." I try to sound like I'm scolding him but it comes out in laughter.

"Get some sleep. We all know you need it." "Yeah, yeah. You too night owl." I said testing out the new nick name.

"No way." I rolled my eyes and hear the call end.

Goodnight world, hello dreamland. Maybe I'll have better luck in tackling that kind of world. But of course the doorbell start ringing again, so I pull out my earbuds and listen to music as I start to drift away. The last thing on my mind is the lyrics playing...

"I knew I loved you then

But you'd never know

'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go

I know I needed you

But I never showed"

(Say you won't let go- James Arthur)
Author's Note

Hey!!! 2 chapters in 1 night! Hopefully, this will make up for the 2 weeks I've gone totally AWOL. Hope you like this story so far! Vote, Comment, and Share to let me know!! Hopefully, I'll update again soon! I know this was short and hope to make a longer one next time!

J_read ♥♥