Chapter 5

"Do you want to go to bed now?"

"Umm sure, do you mind if I borrow a toothbrush?"

"No, come on let's go find some stuff."

Once we found the toothbrush stash he didn't know he had we went to his master bathroom. I look around appreciatively because earlier I was too paranoid to take in my surroundings. "It's so beautiful!"

"Why thank you!" He said with his signature smirk. Since his bathroom was big enough for 5 people we ended up brushing our teeth together and getting ready for bed too.

"Umm, I'll just sleep on the sofa," I said after I realized that he only had one bed.

"No, it's ok, I'll take it. You sleep here on the bed, okay?"

"Okay, I guess but this is your room so you should take the bed."

"Well, I'm not letting you sleep on the sofa, unless you don't mind us sharing a bed?" He said with a hopeful smile.

"No!" I exclaimed not wanting to sleep with him.

After he left to his new makeshift bed I crawled in his and took in a breath of his smell. It smelled good. Shh, I never said that!

After tossing and turning I felt like there was something watching me. It's just a stupid movie Alex! I silently scold myself. Grow up! After a while of no sleep, I checked my phone to see it blink 12:00 am. Great, my sleeping problem came back.

I tiptoe out his room and into his living room where he was sleeping peacefully on the couch. Hesitantly I tapped on his shoulder. When he only briefly stirred I retreated.

"Alex, what's wrong?" A groggily Tyler asked.

"Umm, I can't sleep," I said in a bare whisper a little shy to admit my abnormal problems.

"Shh. Come here." Hesitantly I complied not sure what else to do. "Do you have sleeping problems?"

"Kind of... It's this weird thing I have where I have to talk to someone to fall asleep."

"What happens if you don't?"

"Then I can't sleep for hours. It used to be really bad but now it's only bad once in a while. It improved when I would talk to Dave for a long time during the night. I'd sometimes fall asleep without knowing too."

"Ok, so let's pillow talk."

"Pillow talk?"

"Yeah, it's where you talk to fall asleep."

"Oh... Ok?" I glanced at his makeshift bed, a comfortable sofa with room only enough for one person to lie down. "Umm..." I said while glancing anywhere but him.

"Why don't we go back to my bedroom?" He asked sensing my uncomfortableness of potentially have to sleep with him on the small couch.

"Okay." When we got to his bed I immediately set up a pillow barrier. He looked amused.

"What are you doing?" He said while watching me take a bunch of pillows he had laying around and placing it in the middle of the bed.

"I'm setting a pillow barrier. No one can cross it and you can't touch me by accident during the night." I said with a huff after hauling the last pillow on my mini mountain. "Ok, you can lie down now, one side for each of us." He just chuckles at my attempt to build a pillow wall. "Humph!"

"So what do you and Dave normally talk about?" He said with his voice changing a slight bit when saying Dave's name.

"We talk about anything and everything. It's just comforting down time. I don't want it to feel like I'm forcing you to do this with me." I said while looking down at the blue swirled sheets.