3.

I woke up to the most familiar melody
In a reflex i tried getting up but then realization struck me after i hit my head somewhere hard.
I was still in the cupboard!
Everything about last night rushed into my mind and i panicked.
I looked out through the small crack in the cupboard.
I saw a guy sitting near the window creating a magical atmosphere with his violin skills.
I sat there mesmerized by the melody. It did something to me.

"Mr. Blake. Time for your medicines. "
A middle aged man kept the medicines and a plate of food on the side table and exited the room.

To my utter dismay, soon he stopped playing. He looked out of the window, with pain clearly depicted on his face.

"Shit! "
I nearly screamed when i saw a lizard at the other end of the cupboard. I've always been scared of that creature! What a perfect timing it has!

I suddenly realized that iam hiding!
I looked through the crack to see him searching everywhere frantically. Iam damn sure that he heard me scream.

My heartbeat paced at the fastest rate when he walked towards the cupboard.
I closed my eyes tightly and hugged my knees waiting for the stranger to acknowledge my unexpected and unwanted presence.

I heard the cupboard door click open and waited for him to scream or vent out his anger or something. I waited long enough, but nothing seemed to be happening.

I slowly opened my eyes inorder to analyze the current situation iam in.

I saw a pair of deep blue - green eyes boring right into mine.
They were so beautiful!

He held his hand out for me to hold.

After helping me out of the cupboard, he smiked at me, revealing the cute dimples on either of his cheeks.

"Its been long since I've seen a face other than the old caretakers here"
He smiled yet again.

This wasnt the reaction i expected from a person admitted in B2 Block where only mentally challenged people were kept.
The man standing before me was a pure gentleman with no trace of mental instability.

"Iam Richard Blake"
He smiled extending his hands.

"Blair Scott"
I returned the smile.

"How did you get here? "
He asked me with curiosity brimming in his beautiful face.

"I came here with a friend of mine last night to meet the person who makes my day every morning with his magical violin skills"

He chuckled as he realized i was referring to him.

"Oh. I didnt know that i made such a beautiful lady happy"
I blushed.

"Iam just 16. Not ready to be called a lady yet"
I mumbled.

"So, why are you here in this hospital? I can make out from your attire that you are from A3 Block. "

Silence engulfed the room.
He looked at me with sadness filling his eyes.

"I wont ask you why "
His lips formed a thin line.

I nodded in agreement.

"Why are you here in the block for mentally unstable people? "
I asked curiously.

"Because at times i lose my sanity "

"Your room is the fanciest among all the rooms here"
I looked around the beautifully painted room.

"Perks of being the heir of a multi - national company "

We started speaking about anything and everything under the sun.
I started to like his company.
Hours passed like wind.  Still we had endless things to talk about.

"It feels amazing"
He mumbled.

"What happened Richard? "
I asked not understanding his statement.

"Having someone to talk to after years, feels nice"
He passed his radiant smile to me.