4.

We sat on the bed and watched as the sun set into oblivion.
I saw Richard looking at it in awe.

"Beautiful "
I looked at him to see him smiling widely.

The thing that perplexed me the most was why he was admitted here. He was a cheerful, lovable and normal 19 year old . He should be living his life to the fullest rather than spending his precious lifetime inside this prison like world.

Within a matter of hours, we became so attached to each other. The whole of me wanted to stay here like anything. But i have to go. As my family have practically abandoned me, the only way to escape from here is by own.

"What are you thinking Blair?"
He looked at me, with smile adoring his lips.

"Nothing much. Just random things "

"Like? "

"Like escaping from here? "
I saw his face drop .

"What happened Richard? "

"Its been really long since I've had a friend "

Wait. Did he just call me his friend?
How can he consider me his friend after knowing me just for a couple of hours?

"Friend huh? "
I chuckled

He smiled at me.

As much as i wanted to spent more time here, i cant stay here forever!
This was my only chance to escape from this prison,as i knew that there was no point in waiting for my family to come and take me home.
Richard looked down to his hands as he fiddled his fingers.
Everytime i looked at him, i had a feeling that I've seen him somewhere before.
I decided to shrug my unwanted thought off as i had more important things to thinks of.

"I want to escape from here too. "
I wasnt shocked at his statement. Anybody would want to escape from here. But he himself had admitted about losing his sanity every now and then.

"I'll just use the washroom and come back "
He nodded and i grabbed a spare towel from his cupboard and walked into the washroom.
As soon as i closed the door ,i heard the other door click open.

My body froze.

Did anyone find out about me being here?
If so, how? Did they get hold of Alexis?

Hundreds of questions were in my mind while i leaned on to the door to clearly hear the conversations going on in the room.

"Sedate him. And also add the medicines i prescribed in his food. How could he even wish to fool his doctor? "

I assumed that Richard was sedated as i didnt hear any protests from his side.

"Bonjour Sir. I have sedated him and has given him the medicines you had prescribed me to. He will act insanely every now and then according to what you want.Make sure i receive the amount you promised"
The Doctor chuckled. After a long pause he concluded the call . Soon i heard the door shut.

I clasped my mouth with my hand in horror.
Richard Blake was not insane! He was being made into an insane person!
Now i know why he did not seem mentally sick or unstable to me.
Tears rolled down my cheeks thinking of his fate. He was forced into this asylum at the age of 18 without any particular disease. He should be out in the world, living to the fullest.
But he was stuck in here.
Since we both are in the same boat, i should help him escape from here as i do so for myself.

"Blair? "
I woke up to a faint whisper. Turns out that it wasnt a whisper.
Richard had been screaming my name, trying to wake me up.
I had fell asleep in the washroom itself. I tried recollecting what had happened before i fell asleep.

I sat up on the bed and looked around, trying to make out the time.

"Its 8 in the evening.  I just woke up and saw you leaning on to the washroom door and sleeping. "

Suddenly everything fell back on place.

"Richard, when do you often get unstable?"
His face depicted pure state of perplexion as i asked him the question .

"I-, i dont really remember. I often have blackouts and when i wake up, the doctor or someone else informs me what i had done. Speaking more specifically, i dont really remember what i do. "

Everything's clear now. The doctor is being bribed by someone to make Richard feel sick. Richard gets sedated often and when he wakes up, he is being told that he lost his sanity.