[8] Who Is She?

Poppy hung up the phone in which she had called Branch for the 10th time in the last hour, and no one had picked up.

She Sighed, worried.

Branch always picked up his phone. So this was very odd of him, especially if it's ten times.

Poppy's phone rang. He hoped it was Branch, but it wasn't.

It was someone named Lily.

Because she was queen, she has everyone's numbers in her phone. And she knew just about every troll in troll tree.

But she had never heard of anyone named Lily.

She answered it anyway.

"Hello?" Poppy asked.

"H-hello? Is this...Poppy? Branch's g-girlfriend?" Poppy heard a voice ask that she assumed was Lily.

"This is she," Poppy responded.

"Um, I'm calling you...it's about, your boyfriend."

Poppy's heart raced.

At least he was okay.

Well, she hoped.

"What......what about him?" Poppy asked, panting.

"He's here, he's alive, but he's been hurt, badly, by someone, or something, and he's in the hospital now. We're here for him, and the doctors are caring for him as we speak."

We?

"Um...thank you, do you have any idea what happened to him?"

"We have no idea," Lily said. "I was the one who found him. He was laying in the floor in his house, screaming and crying of pain and for help. Do you want to come to him?"

"Yes. Text me directions."

"Okay. I'll see you there."

Poppy hung up, and she started to speed walk. Until she stopped and realized:

Who was this girl?

And why had she been the one to save Branch?