eight

It's been a month since Louis' dad left. A month of sitting in a home filled with depression and tears. Louis hates his dad, hates him with a passion, but he still cries every night. He cries because his father was once the greatest man he's ever met, the man he looked up to and thought could do no wrong. Oh how things have changed.

He's sitting with Niall on the couch in his own home, something they rarely ever do, but Niall thought he'd save his boyfriend the trouble and go to his house instead. Lottie is with them, watching a movie because she hasn't been up to do anything with her friends since her daddy left. But they all have each other. They're still sad, of course, but they're slowly getting better.

"Lou, Lotts, I have a date tonight..." Marcel says, coming down the stairs in the tightest jeans that Louis has ever seen on his dad. He really wishes he didn't see it.

"A date? Who the hell are you going on a date with?!" Louis asks, pausing the movie. He's not upset, it's just that his parent's divorce isn't even finalized yet.

"Um his name is Mark," Marcel replies, looking at the ground and not making eye contact with either of his children.

"Mark who?"

"Uhhh, Mark Tomlinson?"

"What?!" Louis, Lottie and Niall all shout at the same time.

"My teacher, Mister Tomlinson?" Lottie asks, giving her father a distasteful look.

"Yeah, um, we had a really nice time talking the other day at the dance and he asked me on a date. I really like him, guys."

Louis thinks for a minute before he looks up at his father. "Dad has only been gone for a month, Pa... Isn't it too soon?"

Marcel sighs and sits on one of the chairs across from the couch. "Things weren't good for a long time, Lou. Your dad was cheating for a while. I'm still heartbroken, of course, but I've been getting over it for a few months. If you have a problem with it, I won't go on the date, Louis."

Louis shakes his head and looks up at his dad. "No, I want you to be happy, you deserve it." Louis stands and pulls Marcel up with him, pulling him into a tight hug. "I hope you have a lot of fun tonight, Papa."

Marcel squeezes back and Louis buries his face in his dad's neck. "Thank you, love, I hope I do too."

••••

"You ever wonder how your dad is doing, Lou?" Niall asks as they lie in bed later that night.

Louis sighs and tightens his arm around Niall. "You know, I do. But I hate him so much that I really hope he's doing awful. Pa said he came by the other day to get the rest of his things and he said he was moving to Paris to open a firm. I hope he goes bankrupt."

"Louis, if your dad goes bankrupt then your dad will stop getting child support and alimony. Don't you think that's a little harsh to say?" Niall turns his body around to face Louis.

"Yeah, its harsh but he deserves it. Of course I don't want him to go bankrupt, Pa needs the money. Every time Pa tried to go to culinary school and make a living, Dad forbid him from going. And now Pa has to rely on money from him so we can keep living our lives." Louis buries his face in Niall's neck, thinking it'll make all of his problems go away.

"I know it isn't fair, Louis. But your pa said he's going back to school. And in a few months, my parents are going to help him open a bakery. It'll all work out and your family will be so much better off."

"I know that. It just sucks that this even happened. I know they weren't happy but why weren't they happy? They were so in love when I was younger, I thought they would be in love forever."

"Some people just fall out of love, Louis." Louis pulls his face out of Niall's neck and kisses him lightly on the nose.

"I'll never fall out of love with you, Flower."

••••

This chapter was shit y'all. But at least I updated, right 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm sorry, I just... eh. It's been hard to write lately. I know it's not an excuse and I'm sorry.

Do y'all have any requests for the book? Like smut, or a lirry chapter or anything like that? If you do, let me know.

Vote comment fan share

Love y'all

~~ Gracie